Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lanieri, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Lanieri

Lanieri Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Toronto definetly noted! Thanks for the support (plus I've never visited Canada so it's a win-win solution).

@Galix yes custom duty and shipping is always on us!

2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

I'd likely buy and SC if you made it to Toronto.

3. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

+1

Also, I would highly advocate a stop in Los Angeles!

4. traverscao

traverscao Senior member

Would much prefer that and Seattle.

5. Galix

Galix Senior member

One question I have after playing around with the designer.
    What's the difference between a Jacket and a Sports Coat? I can see that designing a Jacket offers many more options than designing a SC. But the fabrics are pretty much the same and they cost also the same.

6. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

Quick question for Riccardo: Is it possible to have the lapel width modified or do you typically work with set pattern?

PS liking the jacket more each time I wear it!

7. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

This. I like my lapel width around 3.5" to 3.75" and was wondering the same thing.

8. Lanieri

Hi @Galix

so a jacket is structured: you have pads on the shoulders, lining, undercollar melton and so on. A sport coat, on the other hand, is completely unstructured, no padding at all on the shoulders, no lining ecc... so of course the designing options are fewer

9. Lanieri

@patliean1 @akoustas

thanks for your question. At the moment it's not possible to change the width of the lapel, as we are working with set patterns.
    We hope to introduced this feature with the fully canvassed option, so probably at the beginning of 2016.

Ciao!
    Riccardo

10. Galix

Galix Senior member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Actually the SC being unconstructed makes it even more interesting. Well done!

11. tim221

tim221 Member

Hi All
    I've been lurking here on SF for a while, and have greatly appreciated the insights and advice on the forum!

While I've had a "meh" wardrobe thanks primarily to a casual work environment, I'm headed to a new position that will require a nice investment in apparel.

My challenge is, I really don't care for the "salesman" experience. Too often I feel I'm being pushed toward something the salesman likes (or being upsold), or they don't like spending the time I'd prefer to really examine the options and quality--I can be picky, to be fair--or, because I often shop in casual attire, getting the brushoff (happened in Nordstrom's just last week). Finally, my body shape requires a lot of tailoring to get a nice fit, so there's always that hassle built in.

So I've been interested in MTM/bespoke.. and have been reading the Lanieri thread with interest as well as hanging out on their website getting a feel for their product and options.. and took the plunge. Last night ordered the classic Navy blue suit and a couple shirts. Interestingly, my spouse enjoyed the process, and really liked helping me pick options for the suit and shirts -- she wondered if Lanieri was going to make women's clothing as well!

If they deliver as anticipated, this will be a perfect solution! Fine fabrics, quality product, and the tailoring built in, plus convenience of ordering online (which is pretty much how I shop anyways).

A couple minor notes: on the otherwise outstanding Lanieri website, the little question-mark icons (for instance, under Suit Details, where it lists Seasonality, Weight, etc), when you click those icons the explanations are in Italian, not English, even though the webpage is set to English. And in the "props" department, I appreciate how the Lanieri team has been visible not just on SF but other websites as well -- they are clearly working hard to establish a positive presence and rapport and that shows a good commitment to this delivery model.

Once I get the order delivered (Late Jun/early Jul) I will come back and report on the results!

Tim

12. Lanieri

Hi Tim,

first of all thanks for you order! Your spouse is not the only one asking us to do women's clothing as well, we are thinking about it but women apparel it's like doing another job altogether, with complete different challenges - however with big plus as well, like we get to pick female models instead of male models...

Thank you also for your notes, we will correct the translating bogus shortly!!!

Congratulations on your new position!

Ciao
    Riccardo

13. Lanieri

@tim221 the translation has been corrected now! Thanks again for noticing!

14. Chiliarches

Chiliarches Well-Known Member

Another vote for Chicago.

15. Lanieri

Noted!!!

Thanks
    R.