Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lanieri, Mar 13, 2015.

1. strivefor

strivefor Member

I was pretty excited about the service. All seemed to be going well.

Prices have increased so much in the last two seasons or so (nearly doubled) that I refuse to continue buying.
    Such a shame.

2. Lanieri

Lanieri Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Our prices have not "nearly doubled": in the last year, the dollar went from being almost equal to 1 € to its current value of 0.8 €.
    It the past, it has also happened that we decreased our prices in USD for the same reason, for example from FW2016 to SS2017 our entry price suit went from 690 USD to 620 USD, reflecting the 10% appreciation of the USD on the € back then (from 1.15 to 1.05 € for 1 USD).

3. ruiantonio

ruiantonio Well-Known Member

Hi Riccardo,

When comes Shorts out?

kind regards,
    Rui

4. Lanieri

We are working on them as we speak. There are some issues at manufacturing to be addressed and I should be able to know if we can start selling them before the summer in the next few days...

5. Lanieri

Sorry, apparently we could not solve the issues easily.
    I hoped that we could deliver the shorts basing them on our chinos model, but the cutting software is going crazy. We need to create a new model altogether, plus some other minor fixtures on the assembly line (such as proper holders and hangers).

6. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

Just received another great suit from you guys. The Jacket fit is spot on, I had to make a few adjustments to the pants, still need to tweak those measurements. I will be sending you those adjustments from my tailor today. But Everything else is wonderful. Will you be having any sales in the coming weeks?

7. Lanieri

Thanks a lot for your nice feedback!

Yes we have a couple of promotions lined up, one this weekend actually and one at the beginning of may!
    Subscribe to our newsletter to be kept up to date :)

8. beowolf

beowolf Senior Member

Thanks, I am already subscribed. It would be great if I could purchase another and receive it before June 15th. We will see.

9. Lanieri

Sure, plenty of time available. I ran the numbers a week ago: in February and March 95% of our suits have been shipped in less than 21 days! Also our new shirts with fast delivery have proven to be a great success: I think we can genuinely claim to be the fastest custom shirt makers in the World! We shipped them in less than 7 days :)

10. ruiantonio

ruiantonio Well-Known Member

Thank you Riccardo.

Well, chino based model was not exactly what i was expecting.
    I hoped you launch some nice shorts based on your regular trousers. That would be classy.

For what i understand you will not launch shorts this year, correct?

kind regards,
    Rui

11. Lanieri

Exactly, we won't. We thought we could have shortcutted the process by using the same model of the chino (or even the regular trousers), but it was not possible. We have to fully create a new model and set up manufacturing in the right way.

12. Lanieri

Gentlemen!

For the occasion of the Labour day, we wanted to celebrate with all the gentlemen who honor elegance as a profession.

You will find some really good deals on our website up to 30% off on a selection of business garments.

My favorite from this promo is the Light Grey Houndstooth Suit, quite sober yet sophisticated.

The Profession of elegance.png
    The promotion is valid in the Lanieri Atelier and on lanieri.com until 06/06/2018 at 23:59. The discount codes can not be combined. In case of promotions on the site, the discount codes are applied to the list price and can only be used if the resulting price after applying the discount code is lower than the one already discounted on the site.

Ciao!
    R.

13. coreyaugustus

coreyaugustus Active Member

US citizen here. Got a couple questions about the checkout process if anyone can answer them:
    1. Can I choose to purchase in Euros rather than USD? According to a quick check of the latest conversion rates, the USD price featured at checkout is higher than the price in Euros. If possible to force a currency, how can I do that without the address causing an error?
    2. Assuming I have to purchase in USD, will I be charged a foreign transaction fee on a US-issued card? If so, I can choose to use a different card that waives those fees.

Thanks,
    Corey

14. Lanieri

Hi Corey,

please see my replies below:

You can pay in euro only if your order gets shipped in Europe. Prices in USD are higher because we pay for customs duty and shipping (above 100$). So it's not possible to force a currency.

No, you will be charged the amount of money shown at checkout, not a cent more. We cover transactions fees on foreign currency as well.

Let me know if you have more questions,
    Ciao
    Riccardo

15. coreyaugustus

coreyaugustus Active Member