1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lanieri, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Lanieri

Lanieri Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Great, our Bologna's style advisor Marida would help you!

As for the shoulders padding, in the jackets the standard option for shoulder is "con rollino" but you can ask for "spalla a camicia" (simply put that in the notes). If you want a completely unstructured shoulder you should order a blazer, which has no padding at all!

Hope this helps!
    Riccardo

1 person likes this.
  2. Lanieri

Gentleman,

the first prototype for the first ever MTM chinos has just arrived, and oh god are they comfortable!

They are made of cotton from Tessuti di Sondrio, with a 3% of elastane to make them stretchy. That's more than enough to remove completely the usual heavy cotton stiffness and give the trousers a super enjoyable feel while keeping an impeccable fit.

Pictured below yours truly with the new chinos, after have worn them for 3 hours. There's still some fine-tuning to do, as the cotton has a more loose fit compared to wool so I need to change the fit a bit to taper more the legs.

The cotton we picked, although rather thick,is still quite wrinkles prone. Let's see if it becomes softer and less wrinklish after a couple of washes.

The chinos would not be customizable, but we are going to offer 10 different colors wth the same style. I'm seriously thinking to keep the pleats, the look is more sophisticated yet sporty! What do you guys think?

Also, the central crease makes them look too much alike classic suit trousers in my opinion... not sure if we have to change the ironing phase to make them plain...

Seriously, MTM chinos it's uncharted territory, any feedback on how to do this right is more than welcome!

Grazie
    Riccardo

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Ballon DOr 09

Ballon DOr 09 Member

My jacket order is still being tailored. I am anxious to see how this will turn out.
    I emailed Sara if I can add a trouser order. Unfortunately, the jacket fabric is discontinued so I cannot order as she advised.
    She also said side tab adjusters are still not available.

The Chinos look good and appropriate with the change in season.

I will visit Paris this summer and will go to one of your maison for an updated measurement. I was in Milan for CL final last year but missed your store.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. dtgsigns

dtgsigns Senior member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. Lanieri

Thank you for your order... if you send me your name or registration email via private message I can see what I can do with the discontinued fabric, maybe at the supplier there's still some lying around :)

6. Lanieri

I would strongly recommend the Icon Navy Blue by Vitale Barberis Canonico. I've a suit myself with that fabric and it's a magnificent tone of blue. The Midnight Micro Dots by Reda is nice as well, but a bit too formal in my opinion.

Also, it's a bit more expensive, but this is also worth considering: https://www.lanieri.com/en-US/suits/fabrics/electric-blue-twill-2006
    and this as well: https://www.lanieri.com/en-US/suits/fabrics/traveller-blue-twill-1958

Let me know if you need more information!
    Ciao
    R.

7. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

I would like to get a suit by June 1st and it will be my first order, do you anticipate any issues with receiving it within that time?

8. Lanieri

No, actually you have plenty of time! We can do 2 consecutive suits within June 1st :)

9. Ballon DOr 09

Ballon DOr 09 Member

PM sent as requested. Thanks.

10. Lanieri

Now I have a question to the community!

Since we are developing the chinos there has been a healthy debate within the company on what appearance it should have. Since it won't be customizable, we need to pick the design that will be used in the future, as we would most probably offer them not only MTM but also off the rack (so in different sizes, to be shipped right away).

At the moment we can't decide among two option:

> the first one is more formal, with pleats and ironed with a center crease (basically more sporty dress pants),
    > the second one more informal, as the traditional chinos should be

The first and more formal option (test garment is worn by me):

[​IMG]

And the second, more casual, option (pic taken from google, just to give you an idea):

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Ciao
    Riccardo

11. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Although I'm not yet a customer, I'd probably go for option #2. I just think that I'd rather wear wool pants if I wanted something pleated and creased.

12. Lanieri

Good point!

Yesterday evening I've been using the pleated and creased test pant with a plain white t-Shirt and an hoodie to grab a beer with a friend of mine, and the ensemble was not bad at all! I've got quite a few compliments... I will test if I get the same reaction with the non pleated and non creased version :)

13. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

I'm going to bet almost certainly not, but would you get the same reaction with similarly styled wool dress pants? Maybe.

My concern would be that the benefit of cotton chinos as casual pants is avoiding the need to dry clean them. However, if the customer washes their own "formal chinos," they'll certainly need to press them again to maintain that sharp crease. Would most customers do that, or just let them devolve into a creaseless pair of pants similar to option 2?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  14. Lanieri

Haven't really thought about maintenance! Guess the case is closed then :)

Grazie!
    Riccardo

15. Ballon DOr 09

Ballon DOr 09 Member

My jacket is shipped!
    I am looking forward to this new experience.
    This is my first MTM jacket/clothing although I have had MTM in shoes.

My only comment so far with regards to MTM Lanieri experience is that unlike shoes I did not get pre-shipment pictures.
    Although not necessary, having pictures before MTM item is shipped heightens the MTM buying experience.
    Anyway, I am excited to find out how this will turn out.

16. Lanieri

mhhh interesting... not sure how we can integrate this given that we are shipping more than 700 orders a month! :)
    Do you mind sharing the name of the MTM shoe brand you were referring to (even by private message)?

17. Lanieri

Gentlemen!

In our ongoing effort to improve our website and garments fitting, we have recently completely re-design our measuring process. The key improvements are 2: we have integrated the feedback of our sizing algorithms directly in each measuring step, so the user can have an immediate feedback on the measures he has taken (btw the algorithms are very rarely wrong :D).

2.jpg

(above, algorithms results - based on height, weight, and age - highlighted in red)

Last but not least, it is finally possible to give a qualitative instruction on the kind of fit one desires within 3 options: comfort, regular and slim

3.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone!
    Ciao
    Riccardo

Nik Telford likes this.
  18. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

This is really cool. Looking forward to putting an order in once the fabric I'm after comes back in stock!