• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Land's End "slim fit" suit for $150. Comments on this blog post & pics?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lendial
No offense to Moo but that RL suit is awful outside of assumed material quality.

The original poster has some better suits on his blog, this one particularly.
http://madetm.files.wordpress.com/20...suit3piece.jpg

i wonder what kind of reaction hed get if he blurred his face, said it was RL and posted it on wayw.

That is a nice suit ... much, much better than the LE and the other one posted above.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Methinks Moby wearing the suit is half the problem... just doesn't fit him. But I agree with Apro re: the brand elitism. It's a joke. I wear H&M suits and generally get complements on WAYWRN.

eightysixed

Reaction score
Looks like he caught wind of this thread... To My Fans at Style Forum Since you are all so big on taking my photos and calling me terrible looking, here’s a photo you can post on your next thread about my blog:
sfu1.jpg

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgardel
WTF
In our insulated community, we understand the context of the comments and don't take them to heart, generally. Outsiders are less thick-skinned to our jocular ribbing. This guy was rather defensive about the comments made, many of which are valid criticisms. What I really don't understand is his response to commentators in the comments of this post:
My problem is that one of your posters decided to put my photo in a public place without me knowing or asking to be judged. I don’t post on Style Forum and before this incident I had no idea it even existed.
The guy puts a picture of himself on the internet for anyone to see, people see it and criticize it, and he's surprised? Is his blog somehow not a public place, or is he living in an alternate universe where a blog available to the general access of the entirety of internet users is "private"?

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^+1,000 Lufty. And just to make your day better, I voted for your tie.

EZ

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think OP has a pretty good blog and it's it's a mix of SF with normal person spending in mind (His brown wingtips' quality looked ****** and the laces were a giveaway but it's still the right idea and it wasn't some square toe kenneth cole **** and it was reasonably priced) with a GQ feeling.

Good job on your blog and I think it covers one of SF's biggest weaknesses that a lot of people don't like to admit and that is being a brand whore.

With that said, everytime I see your face I really want to punch it.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand why the guy doesn't come here and discuss this with the board members individually?

Kinda seems like he's some guy standing on the other side of a deep river and yelling at you, even though there's a bridge only 20 feet away.
You can kind of make out what he's saying, but he's on the other bank, so what does it matter if you really pay attention? If he really wanted to discuss anything important, he'd cross the dammed bridge.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In fairness to the fellow, that would be like a suicide mission. Forums tend to circle the wagons when they come under attack, and I'm sure he knows that.

Good point too, Doc.

EZ

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In fairness to the fellow, that would be like a suicide mission. Forums tend to circle the wagons when they come under attack, and I'm sure he knows that.

True enough, but this forum also feeds on its young.

bassysway

Reaction score
My first SF post, and I've been a member for..I don't know, my profile probably indicates when.

I just felt I had to respond to a couple of points that people made on here:

First of all, the man's (originally pictured from www.madetomeasureny.com) suit fits like HE wants it to. Part of one's individual style is the way HE wears his clothes. This man made and informed decision to have his suit fit this way (showing a little more cuff, fitted, slim), and so it is good for him. Would you prefer he be like one of these clueless men wearing a suit two sizes too large with it sagging off of his shoulders?

Some of you prefer the older, "classic," boxier, wider-lapels, and longer-jacket-length look of the man who posted all the examples of what HE thought to be a "classic" look. Some prefer the look of the gentleman from Made to Measure. It all depends on personal preference and exposure.

The responsible thing to do would have been to tell the person who originally inquired that sleeve length, lapel size, jacket length and the like are all ways to express one's individual style.

There is no right way and wrong way or manufacturer (obvious faux pas like zoot suits notwithstanding). That is why there are different choices at different price points.

Lastly, yes, his picture is on the internet posting for all to see and comment on, but he did not post his picture on SF. Some of the bashing going on in here is equivalent to talking behind the man's back. He was defensive and he lashed out, but the analogy about him being on the other side of a brook would only work if he started this. Go to his blog and comment if you're really that incensed on his personal take on style.

The goal here is information sharing, and sometimes to help others make informed decisions when they are looking for guidance. Let's stick to that without all of the negativity. If you cannot, no matter how well you dress or what brand name you purchase, you have no style.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bassysway
My first SF post, and I've been a member for..I don't know, my profile probably indicates when. ... The responsible thing to do would have been to tell the person who originally inquired that sleeve length, lapel size, jacket length and the like are all ways to express one's individual style. There is no right way and wrong way or manufacturer (obvious faux pas like zoot suits notwithstanding). That is why there are different choices at different price points. Lastly, yes, his picture is on the internet posting for all to see and comment on, but he did not post his picture on SF. Some of the bashing going on in here is equivalent to talking behind the man's back. He was defensive and he lashed out, but the analogy about him being on the other side of a brook would only work if he started this. Go to his blog and comment if you're really that incensed on his personal take on style.
Several SFers have done the same already, myself included.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads