1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lands End Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by meister, Sep 21, 2008.

1. meister

meister Senior member

I just got the new cattledog today and they have French Calf captoes for around USD150 . Who is making them ? AS?

2. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

I just got the new cattledog today and they have French Calf captoes for around USD150 . Who is making them ? AS?

Australian Shepherd or Border Collie?

3. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

^ Don't be ridiculous. Have you ever seen a border collie wearing captoes? He clearly means an Australian shepherd.

4. cvac

cvac Senior member

If you need black captoes, call Tuttle and order the Cheaneys for $180

tuttlecatalog.com

Go to the Clearance section, then go to shoes, then look for Cheaney Captoe

While I like a bunch of stuff LE does (khakis, knit ties, etc.), after trying a pair of dirty bucks from them over the summer (which I had to return because they were shoddily made and uncomfortable) I have concluded that shoes aren't really their strong suit. The LE shoes you were looking at were probably made in China.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

^ Don't be ridiculous. Have you ever seen a border collie wearing captoes? He clearly means an Australian shepherd.

That's what the AS stands for, right?

6. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Post of the day.

7. ComboOrgan

ComboOrgan Senior member

I have three pairs of LE shoes and all were made in Brazil.

8. whacked

whacked Senior member

If you need black captoes, call Tuttle and order the Cheaneys for $180

tuttlecatalog.com

Go to the Clearance section, then go to shoes, then look for Cheaney Captoe

While I like a bunch of stuff LE does (khakis, knit ties, etc.), after trying a pair of dirty bucks from them over the summer (which I had to return because they were shoddily made and uncomfortable) I have concluded that shoes aren't really their strong suit. The LE shoes you were looking at were probably made in China.

Depends. Alfred Sargent has made a few models for Lands' End in recent past.

Example: the Gibson and chukkas that made quite a few people stay up all night just last year.

9. meister

meister Senior member

Depends. Alfred Sargent has made a few models for Lands' End in recent past.

Example: the Gibson and chukkas that made quite a few people stay up all night just last year.

Yeah one of the most cathartic periods in recent SF history....[​IMG] [​IMG]

By the way cattledogs are called blue heelers me yankee mates but glad you enjoyed the joke y'all!http://www.lyngreen.com.au/web_images/Blue Heeler.jpg

10. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Senior member

Australian Shepherd or Border Collie?

[​IMG]