• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Desert Boots

markdc

Reaction score
Are these desert boots from Lands' End (http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-380890_AK.html) a no-no with the dark rubber soles? Don't know if non-crepe soles, especially ones that are black, are considered standard or not?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. From what I've been able to find, these are not made be Alfred Sargent, like in some previous iterations.

videocrew

Reaction score
Those are pretty ugly IMO. 60 bucks isn't a bad deal probably, but I doubt they're particularly great quality. I'd go with a pair of Clarks over those, spend a little extra money for much better looks.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markdc
Are these desert boots from Lands' End (http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-380890_AK.html) a no-no with the dark rubber soles? Don't know if non-crepe soles, especially ones that are black, are considered standard or not?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. From what I've been able to find, these are not made be Alfred Sargent, like in some previous iterations.

skip these, get the sand or oakwood clarks. Bing cashback is currently 40% for Endless.com, so you can use that with 95 dollar clarks.

markdc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
skip these, get the sand or oakwood clarks. Bing cashback is currently 40% for Endless.com, so you can use that with 95 dollar clarks.
Originally Posted by videocrew
Those are pretty ugly IMO. 60 bucks isn't a bad deal probably, but I doubt they're particularly great quality. I'd go with a pair of Clarks over those, spend a little extra money for much better looks.
Sounds good. The contrast between the light suede and the dark rubber is a bit too much, yeah? Are there any other deals for Clarks out there?

Islander

Reaction score
That is a chukka. By definition desert boots have a crepe sole.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ what he said. No reason to experiment with LE if you are curious. That said, these are really ugly -- khaki and black do not work together for me -- and the quality will be pretty low (as with Clark's).

a-rock

Reaction score
I'm a fan of LE but the shoes are pretty bad. I've seen these in person. The uppers feels more like a cheap, cardboardy microfiber than suede even though it says it's actual leather. The rubber sole is more like plastic. Clarks arent that hard to find for much more than these.

a-rock

Reaction score
I have a 40% off promo code for BR if anyone wants it. They have Clark DBs in beeswax, brown suede, taupe, and black. No basic sand color though. Comes out to about $69 including tax and shipping for the shoes.

markdc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
I have a 40% off promo code for BR if anyone wants it. They have Clark DBs in beeswax, brown suede, taupe, and black. No basic sand color though. Comes out to about $69 including tax and shipping for the shoes.

Thanks, a-rock. I ended up just getting a pair in taupe suede from Endless with Bing cashback, but someone should definitely use this. Maybe post in the Clarks Desert Boot thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads