Land's end custom fit help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gradstudent78, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Hello all I was hoping people could make some suggestions on how to get a better fit on this custom land's end shirt. I can make changes to the neck, upper arm circumference, sleeve length, body circumference, bottom opening size, the overall length, and the cuff size. Here are my pictures:
    Attachment 989

Attachment 990

Attachment 991

Attachment 992

Thank you,
    Grad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wheelerray

wheelerray Senior member

Suggest you take it to a tailor, have it altered to exactly suit you, measure it, then send these measurements to LandsEnd.

3. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

If you're not happy with it, return it. I think their guarantee extends to custom items too.

Also, their size adjustment page for custom garments actually works really well. I got the shirt that I wanted on the second try. Just subtract some inches off of the areas of the shirt that are too big. Definitely take some fabric off of the body circumference and bottom opening, a little off of the sleeve length too.

4. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Grad

Has this shirt been laundered yet?

The body is way too full. Thus the armhole is too deep. sleeves are too full.
    You can easily reduce the body by 3-4" chest, waist and hips.
    Sleeves are too long as well. by at least 1/2-1"
    When the cuffs are undone how far do the sleeves go down?

Collar looks ok if not a tiny bit tight. Remember you need to allow for 1/2" of shrinkage.

Carl

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

The shirt has been laundered once. When cuffs are undone they move down the the beginning (the cuticle) of my thumb nail

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

Suggest you take it to a tailor, have it altered to exactly suit you, measure it, then send these measurements to LandsEnd.

This is a fine idea, but measure the shirt first (LE doesn't let you see the dimensions of the original shirt).

I got a good fit from LE by measuring my first LE shirt and my best-fitting shirt, then modifying the LE shirt to conform to the measurements of the best-fitting shirt. It's not obvious from the website how the modifications interact with each other (e.g. does narrowing the waist 1" also narrow the bottom opening 1"?) and I don't remember, so call and ask. The right customer service rep can tell you.