• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

flytothesky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
Here are some fit pics of the stuff
All are size small
Red chambray work shirt:
DSC03293.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

Blue striped chambray work shirt:
DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

Heritage striped crew neck tee:
DSC03286.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

Heather Jaspe Henley:
DSC03295.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

let me know what you guys think of the fit, I love how it feels but feedback would be nice

what are your measurements? height and weight? and is your henley a small or medium?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another Lands End coupon is floating around, 40% off certain items and free shipping, except the none of the Canvas stuff is at a discount.

I've noticed they don't really seem to put stuff on sale often, they just have the occasional big sale (like the last one, when I didn't get anything
ffffuuuu.gif
).

Vistro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Same here. Those look damn good for $150. They certainly look better than the LL Bean's Katahdin. I wonder how the leather ages...

I'm going to buy these. Backordered until 10/14, but I'll take pics when they show up. It was between these and the Katahdin; Land's End won out.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vistro
I'm going to buy these. Backordered until 10/14, but I'll take pics when they show up. It was between these and the Katahdin; Land's End won out.

They do look really nice. If the leather is half way decent, I might get them for winter and coat them with multiple layers of sno seal and put a vibram topy on them. I'm assuming that the sewn sole in the pictures is a fake goodyear welt?

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Another Lands End coupon is floating around, 40% off certain items and free shipping, except the none of the Canvas stuff is at a discount.

I've noticed they don't really seem to put stuff on sale often, they just have the occasional big sale (like the last one, when I didn't get anything
ffffuuuu.gif
).

True, they don't have 'sales' that often....but pretty much any lands end discount code/coupon that isn't specifically for certain items usually works for LEC too. I think every time I've ordered I've been able to use a 20% off plus free shipping code or something equivalent/better. Plus, the **** is cheap to begin with.

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flytothesky
what are your measurements? height and weight? and is your henley a small or medium?

5"9.5" 175 lbs. Athletic build and the Henley is a small

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
True, they don't have 'sales' that often....but pretty much any lands end discount code/coupon that isn't specifically for certain items usually works for LEC too. I think every time I've ordered I've been able to use a 20% off plus free shipping code or something equivalent/better. Plus, the **** is cheap to begin with.
Yea, I'm waiting for a workable % off coupon to show up in my inbox so I can grab some new shirts I desperately need.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh
5"9.5" 175 lbs. Athletic build and the Henley is a small

Dude did you just totally ignore their sizing chart or what? You're a little bigger than me but by their measurements i would have gone with a med. The small look pretty good on you

MonkeyFresh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Dude did you just totally ignore their sizing chart or what? You're a little bigger than me but by their measurements i would have gone with a med. The small look pretty good on you

I was lucky enough to have been able to try on everything I wanted to at the Land's End Canvas store in Madison, WI
I fit in Uniqlo smalls as far as button downs go, but outerwear I go for mediums incase I want to layer, they end up being fitted anyways though
I need to check out LEC sweat shirts, there is a sears not too far from me that stocks the line so I will report back when I get the chance to try on some stuff
Also, if anyone finds any good coupons, please share the wealth, fall is around the corner
smile.gif

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg

I never go by LEC's sizing chart. Start a live chat with their customer service and get actual garment measurements instead.

Their sizing chart says I should be a medium, too, but most of their stuff in small is spot on for me.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad i found this thread. I've been looking for a green OCBD forever and was about to grab a medium.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Their t-shirts are great, probaly my favorite t-shirts. Super soft, some decent colors and just a nice fit overall. Like them better then the J Crew t's I own and these are much cheaper.

I agree, best basic t-shirts that I have found. I initially bought just one example to check it out, but I was so pleased that I placed another order for a bunch of other colors.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long exactly are the sleeve lengths for the current season's shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads