• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
which oxfords you guys speak of? i really like the overdye ones

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Just received a pair of the "Heritage Straight Fit Chinos." Fit is perfect to size, fabric feels stout but soft. Much kinder, slimmer fit than the baggy Dockers I picked up a few weeks ago. Also got two of the v-neck sweaters and some poplin shirts, none of which are particularly noteworthy. These pants, however, are great.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Don't know if this is noteworthy but thought I'd post:

For the marled blazer...

It fit fine up top, but the sleeve length and the total length were a bit long.

I warm washed and warm machine dried w/ fabric softener (against recommendation of tag)

So no problems with the washing. A little tighter in the shoulders. Probably an inch of shrinkage in the sleeve length, and an inch in length.

So just lookin out for other shorter people out there. I am again, for reference 5'6+ and ordered a small.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been more than happy with most, if not all, of my LEC buys over the last year.

This week I picked up the blue wool blazer since it was had for 40% off.

Not impressed. The black plastic buttons were horrible. The fit was, GASP!, too slim. The wool looked and felt cheap. Let down big time.

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
Don't know if this is noteworthy but thought I'd post:

For the marled blazer...

It fit fine up top, but the sleeve length and the total length were a bit long.

I warm washed and warm machine dried w/ fabric softener (against recommendation of tag)

So no problems with the washing. A little tighter in the shoulders. Probably an inch of shrinkage in the sleeve length, and an inch in length.

So just lookin out for other shorter people out there. I am again, for reference 5'6+ and ordered a small.

Same height, same fit problems (chino blazer and shaker shawl cardigan were too long). Was also tempted to ignore care instructions ... you're braver than me. What did the final sleeve length and shoulder width come out to?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
Same height, same fit problems (chino blazer and shaker shawl cardigan were too long). Was also tempted to ignore care instructions ... you're braver than me. What did the final sleeve length and shoulder width come out to?

haha sorry good sir, no actual tape measure, the shrinkage was estimated an inch or so in length in total length, an inch or less in sleeve length, and probably less than half an inch in shoulder width. this is all by estimation mind you.

i think i coulda shrunk it more with dry on high or for longer, but yeah

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mudhiker
Just received a pair of the "Heritage Straight Fit Chinos." Fit is perfect to size, fabric feels stout but soft. Much kinder, slimmer fit than the baggy Dockers I picked up a few weeks ago. Also got two of the v-neck sweaters and some poplin shirts, none of which are particularly noteworthy. These pants, however, are great.

Hmmm. What's with 5 belt loops? That's kinda lame. Maybe I'm not so enthused.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I bought this shirt also, and it fits perfectly. I'm not sure if it fits my sense of style, but I'll pair it with a few of the sweaters I have and see if it works. I've tried pairing the shirt with a cardigan as well, and the combination just did not work. Let's see if I can integrate it or not.
Originally Posted by chris lewis
Here we go. Excuse the wrinkled shirt, I put it on straight out of the bag. Everything is size small. Chambray:
IMG_0744.jpg
Crewneck sweater:
IMG_0760.jpg
Shaker shawl cardigan:
IMG_0752.jpg
Heritage cardigan
IMG_0758.jpg
I'm iffy on the hertiage cardigan. Not sure if I like the fit yet or not. Will probably be keeping the rest.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

PLEASE!!!!

tamz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
PLEASE!!!!

i personally think you can't go wrong with the burgundy, gray, and chocolate
but if any of the other colors catch your eye, i'd go for it
biggrin.gif

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for the quality of the down vest? 30% off at the local Sears, so I was thinking about picking up. Certainly no CDW, but seems sufficient enough.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided I just wasn't happy with our corporate apparel options. Had a red LEC chambray sitting around that didn't get a ton of wear (have a J Crew red chambray as well) so decided to hand it over to our graphics company for a little work. Love the results...perfect for those occasions that call for wearing something with the company logo. Now I just need to talk our marketing guys into doing a run of these, they are the perfect shirt for this sort of thing since they are decent looking, decent quality and pretty cheap. Plus, just like us, they are Wisco based.

photo1ih.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads