Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

which oxfords you guys speak of? i really like the overdye ones

2. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Just received a pair of the "Heritage Straight Fit Chinos." Fit is perfect to size, fabric feels stout but soft. Much kinder, slimmer fit than the baggy Dockers I picked up a few weeks ago. Also got two of the v-neck sweaters and some poplin shirts, none of which are particularly noteworthy. These pants, however, are great.

3. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

Don't know if this is noteworthy but thought I'd post:

For the marled blazer...

It fit fine up top, but the sleeve length and the total length were a bit long.

I warm washed and warm machine dried w/ fabric softener (against recommendation of tag)

So no problems with the washing. A little tighter in the shoulders. Probably an inch of shrinkage in the sleeve length, and an inch in length.

So just lookin out for other shorter people out there. I am again, for reference 5'6+ and ordered a small.

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

I have been more than happy with most, if not all, of my LEC buys over the last year.

This week I picked up the blue wool blazer since it was had for 40% off.

Not impressed. The black plastic buttons were horrible. The fit was, GASP!, too slim. The wool looked and felt cheap. Let down big time.

5. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Don't know if this is noteworthy but thought I'd post:

For the marled blazer...

It fit fine up top, but the sleeve length and the total length were a bit long.

I warm washed and warm machine dried w/ fabric softener (against recommendation of tag)

So no problems with the washing. A little tighter in the shoulders. Probably an inch of shrinkage in the sleeve length, and an inch in length.

So just lookin out for other shorter people out there. I am again, for reference 5'6+ and ordered a small.

Same height, same fit problems (chino blazer and shaker shawl cardigan were too long). Was also tempted to ignore care instructions ... you're braver than me. What did the final sleeve length and shoulder width come out to?

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

7. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

Same height, same fit problems (chino blazer and shaker shawl cardigan were too long). Was also tempted to ignore care instructions ... you're braver than me. What did the final sleeve length and shoulder width come out to?

haha sorry good sir, no actual tape measure, the shrinkage was estimated an inch or so in length in total length, an inch or less in sleeve length, and probably less than half an inch in shoulder width. this is all by estimation mind you.

i think i coulda shrunk it more with dry on high or for longer, but yeah

8. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Just received a pair of the "Heritage Straight Fit Chinos." Fit is perfect to size, fabric feels stout but soft. Much kinder, slimmer fit than the baggy Dockers I picked up a few weeks ago. Also got two of the v-neck sweaters and some poplin shirts, none of which are particularly noteworthy. These pants, however, are great.

Hmmm. What's with 5 belt loops? That's kinda lame. Maybe I'm not so enthused.

9. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

Thanks for the pics. I bought this shirt also, and it fits perfectly. I'm not sure if it fits my sense of style, but I'll pair it with a few of the sweaters I have and see if it works. I've tried pairing the shirt with a cardigan as well, and the combination just did not work. Let's see if I can integrate it or not.
    Here we go. Excuse the wrinkled shirt, I put it on straight out of the bag. Everything is size small. Chambray: [​IMG] Crewneck sweater: [​IMG] Shaker shawl cardigan: [​IMG] Heritage cardigan [​IMG] I'm iffy on the hertiage cardigan. Not sure if I like the fit yet or not. Will probably be keeping the rest.

10. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

PLEASE!!!!

11. tamz0r

tamz0r Member

PLEASE!!!!

i personally think you can't go wrong with the burgundy, gray, and chocolate
    but if any of the other colors catch your eye, i'd go for it [​IMG]

12. jenkinslaw

jenkinslaw Well-Known Member

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the down vest? 30% off at the local Sears, so I was thinking about picking up. Certainly no CDW, but seems sufficient enough.

13. ma1

ma1 Senior member

anyone bought the jersey blazer?

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I decided I just wasn't happy with our corporate apparel options. Had a red LEC chambray sitting around that didn't get a ton of wear (have a J Crew red chambray as well) so decided to hand it over to our graphics company for a little work. Love the results...perfect for those occasions that call for wearing something with the company logo. Now I just need to talk our marketing guys into doing a run of these, they are the perfect shirt for this sort of thing since they are decent looking, decent quality and pretty cheap. Plus, just like us, they are Wisco based.

[​IMG]