• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

a-rock

Reaction score
Thanks... I guess that clears up some of the fit issues. It makes more sense. Would have been odd for them to launch this line with the sizing some of us assumed.

I'm glad to hear about the sleeves. I'm a 15/32 and even smalls are usually a tad long in the sleeves.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ the chest is def not 19.5" across on the size Small, that would be Band of Outsiders sizing

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
The shirts are smaller than the measurements they gave. My small white chambray was 20.5" chest, 17 1/8" shoulders, 28.5" length and 24.5" sleeves. I'm returning them for mediums. Mainly the shoulders are .5- 1" too small for me.

ma1

Reaction score
I got my small chambray today. I have a 37" chest and it fits me really well. Seam to seam on the pits it is 19". There is about an inch more material on the back so the actual chest is roughly 20".

The shirt is actually quite heavy, but the material isn't that thick. This is my first chambray so I don't know if that's typical. The quality is really good, triple stitched seams everywhere, double fabric on the shoulders and cuff gussets. Zig zag collar stitching. Two pleats on the back yoke.

I agree about the collar being floppy, but I think it will be fine with a press or a couple washings.

Very satisfied with this for 30$ including shipping.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
just changed shirts into the LE and it fits pretty good, sleeves are perfect for me so in dress shirt notation I'd call the size S to be a 33 sleeve

just measuring seam to seam isnt an accurate way of measuring the chest, it has to take into account any fabric from the sides/back as well so all fabric is accounted for across the chest

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
If anybody gets a medium, can you post actual chest and shoulder measurements?

The Day Man

Reaction score
Picking up a chambray after seeing those pics. For anyone who is interested, coupon code LANDSEND with pin 1124 takes $10 off (sorry if this has been mentioned previously). No free shipping but it does appear to knock $3 off the shipping cost.

pitboss12

Reaction score
I can't wait to receive my order. Are there any interesting details on the messenger bags that they're giving away? Or are the just lame promotional swag?

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VikingsFan82
Strange, those measurements are very different from the ones that Lands' End measured. They must have different measuring methods.

It seems that a size "S" Canvas shirt is equivalent to a 36R suit. I'll have to get an "M," assuming that it's like a 38R.

Please see Get Smart's measrements, they are more accurate.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my two chambray shirts and am very pleased with them. For the $25 I paid for them the fabric and construction seem surprisingly nice. I would think these were a good buy at $50 each, they are a steal at $25 in my opinion. Much nicer then the Gap chambray I checked out at the store the other day. The buttons kind of suck but I can live with them at this price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads