• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Harrington

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
On a somewhat related note, I just received a tailored fit dress shirt from regular Lands' End. The 14.5 is similar to a S in Lands' End Canvas, but with a much trimmer waist and somewhat trimmer p2p. Very nice, esp. on sale.

Yes - the tailored fit OCBD from the regular store is surprisingly decent. I had to size down by .5 and I doubt I could button to the top if I wanted, but they're not bad for casual beaters.

bombers

Reaction score
^^^
So do the regular LE dress shirts fit as described or 0.5 size larger? Are the sleeves true to its measurement also?

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
linky?

This is what I got, but I figure the tailored fit OCBDs are similar.

Doesn't work too great with narrower ties. If it came with a spread collar, or a smaller collar (they used to offer one called a "varsity" collar), I'd probably cop a bunch of these.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Does anyone know how the Mesh Polo shirts fit? Athletic? Short? Long? Or does anyone have measurements for a Large?

Would great appreciate the help with this.

Get on chat and ask them.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
^^^
So do the regular LE dress shirts fit as described or 0.5 size larger? Are the sleeves true to its measurement also?

I would get TTS, my 15X34 Hyde Park OCBDs are pretty accurate, perhaps .25 large in the neck. Sleeves are dead on. My only wish is that they would offer it in a split yoke, as there's a little extra cloth on the back.

I will also second the assertion that the tailored fit is much slimmer than a medium in canvas. Similar to BB extra slim fit. I'm 6'1" and broad shouldered, so smalls don't usually work for me, even though I'm relatively svelte.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
svelte.
laugh.gif
Who the **** uses this word to describe themselves seriously

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
laugh.gif
Who the **** uses this word to describe themselves seriously

It's a word that implies urbane elegance. I am a ******* baller. Therefore, I use this word to describe myself.

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Wearing a Lands' End tailored fit shirt right now. Great fit except that I had to size down to a 14.5 neck which was only offered with 32" sleeves that are too short. Bought it on sale awhile ago for cheap though.

bombers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
I would get TTS, my 15X34 Hyde Park OCBDs are pretty accurate, perhaps .25 large in the neck. Sleeves are dead on. My only wish is that they would offer it in a split yoke, as there's a little extra cloth on the back. I will also second the assertion that the tailored fit is much slimmer than a medium in canvas. Similar to BB extra slim fit. I'm 6'1" and broad shouldered, so smalls don't usually work for me, even though I'm relatively svelte.
I'm 6' even and usually wear ~25.5" sleeves, would you recommend the 34 or 35? I was deciding between 15.5x35 or 15x34 for a slimmer fit.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
I'm 6' even and usually wear ~25.5" sleeves, would you recommend the 34 or 35? I was deciding between 15.5x35 or 15x34 for a slimmer fit.

I'd go for the 34. I think I have half-size length arms as well. Whenever I go to BB I always have a dude measure me and they can never agree if I take a 34 or a 35. I recently learned that if I don't stand up abnormally straight, but rather maintain my normal posture, they are more likely to size me to a 34. So, as someone who has both 34 and 35 shirts, I'd say you're safe on the 34.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're 6' I would definitely get 35" sleeves. IME, the LE HP sleeves shrink a tiny bit over time.

If it's too long, you can always move the sleeve button in by 1/2" so it sits right where it's supposed to.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
If you're 6' I would definitely get 35" sleeves. IME, the LE HP sleeves shrink a tiny bit over time.

If it's too long, you can always move the sleeve button in by 1/2" so it sits right where it's supposed to.

Good advice. I do the same whenever a 35 is cut a little long.

mrpress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Does anyone know how the Mesh Polo shirts fit? Athletic? Short? Long? Or does anyone have measurements for a Large?

Would great appreciate the help with this.

I've had a mesh polo for probably six months that I've worn quite often. They fit athletic, quite short sleeves and a pretty short length. I'm tall and a medium is just long enough to tuck in. I used to love how the collar sat but it's starting to sag some in the front and sits weird. Bought a couple J Crew mesh polos around the same time and the collars are in way better shape. They'll tell you measurements if you chat with them.

And on the regular LE tailored pinpoint shirt...when I started actually paying attention to how my clothes looked, I tried one of those. I'm tall and on the slim side and there was way too much fabric in the waist. I had it tailored but she didn't touch the sleeves. Now when I put it on I notice just how massive the upper sleeves are. Way way too baggy. My biceps are admittedly kind of skinny but I think it would still be too much fabric for someone with big arms. YMMV I guess but I would not order one of those again. I've found "tailored" in LE terms means "slightly less baggy but still for generally overweight people."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads