1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

2. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

Same height, same fit problems (chino blazer and shaker shawl cardigan were too long). Was also tempted to ignore care instructions ... you're braver than me. What did the final sleeve length and shoulder width come out to?

haha sorry good sir, no actual tape measure, the shrinkage was estimated an inch or so in length in total length, an inch or less in sleeve length, and probably less than half an inch in shoulder width. this is all by estimation mind you.

i think i coulda shrunk it more with dry on high or for longer, but yeah

3. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Just received a pair of the "Heritage Straight Fit Chinos." Fit is perfect to size, fabric feels stout but soft. Much kinder, slimmer fit than the baggy Dockers I picked up a few weeks ago. Also got two of the v-neck sweaters and some poplin shirts, none of which are particularly noteworthy. These pants, however, are great.

Hmmm. What's with 5 belt loops? That's kinda lame. Maybe I'm not so enthused.

4. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

Thanks for the pics. I bought this shirt also, and it fits perfectly. I'm not sure if it fits my sense of style, but I'll pair it with a few of the sweaters I have and see if it works. I've tried pairing the shirt with a cardigan as well, and the combination just did not work. Let's see if I can integrate it or not.
    Here we go. Excuse the wrinkled shirt, I put it on straight out of the bag. Everything is size small. Chambray: [​IMG] Crewneck sweater: [​IMG] Shaker shawl cardigan: [​IMG] Heritage cardigan [​IMG] I'm iffy on the hertiage cardigan. Not sure if I like the fit yet or not. Will probably be keeping the rest.

5. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Anyone know if there are discounts running right now?

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Help me pick 3 colors for the overdyed oxford

PLEASE!!!!

7. tamz0r

tamz0r Member

PLEASE!!!!

i personally think you can't go wrong with the burgundy, gray, and chocolate
    but if any of the other colors catch your eye, i'd go for it [​IMG]

8. jenkinslaw

jenkinslaw Well-Known Member

Can anyone vouch for the quality of the down vest? 30% off at the local Sears, so I was thinking about picking up. Certainly no CDW, but seems sufficient enough.

9. ma1

ma1 Senior member

anyone bought the jersey blazer?

10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

I decided I just wasn't happy with our corporate apparel options. Had a red LEC chambray sitting around that didn't get a ton of wear (have a J Crew red chambray as well) so decided to hand it over to our graphics company for a little work. Love the results...perfect for those occasions that call for wearing something with the company logo. Now I just need to talk our marketing guys into doing a run of these, they are the perfect shirt for this sort of thing since they are decent looking, decent quality and pretty cheap. Plus, just like us, they are Wisco based.

[​IMG]

11. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

I've got a $60 groupon to land's end canvas, but now I can't think of anything I wanna buy from them. Someone mentioned that I could get refund from groupon. Do I need to make up some excuses when I ask for a refund?

EDIT: if anyone's interested, please take it from me.

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I've got a $60 groupon to land's end canvas, but now I can't think of anything I wanna buy from them. Someone mentioned that I could get refund from groupon. Do I need to make up some excuses when I ask for a refund?

EDIT: if anyone's interested, please take it from me.

PM'd

13. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I decided I just wasn't happy with our corporate apparel options. Had a red LEC chambray sitting around that didn't get a ton of wear (have a J Crew red chambray as well) so decided to hand it over to our graphics company for a little work. Love the results...perfect for those occasions that call for wearing something with the company logo. Now I just need to talk our marketing guys into doing a run of these, they are the perfect shirt for this sort of thing since they are decent looking, decent quality and pretty cheap. Plus, just like us, they are Wisco based.

[​IMG]

That is really cool. Having worked for a company that bought LE polos and fleeces for employees, I really appreciate your idea here. I hope your company approves it. Keep us informed.

14. Greg x Cook

Greg x Cook New Member

Started my first LEC purchase off lightly with their Men's Woven Super Soft Scarf.

http://s7.landsend.com/is/image/Land...1&op_sharpen=1

It is indeed super soft, but they failed to mention it sheds a super amount. Anytime I unravel, there is thin red reminiscence left in my beard, as well as my collar. Though after a month of solid wear, it's went down a drastic amount.

Picked up their Duck Boots the other day.

[​IMG]

Mainly got them for the fact that my LL Bean Boots are on back order for another two weeks. For the price, it's not all that bad I'd say. They'll at least hold me over in this New England weather, for the duration of me being without my Bean Boots.

15. highkneez

highkneez Member

FYI just received an email from LEC, new spring styles are up.

16. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior member

FYI just received an email from LEC, new spring styles are up.

nothing caught my eyes, just more of the same thing.

17. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

^ yup... crap all around. Here's hoping they release at least some decent outerwear.

Also the increase in prices are also pretty gay.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

anymore codes or pretty done with?

19. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

does that chambray fit the same as the jcrew version? i could look but i'm a pretty lazy guy.

20. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Not the same as J Crew....Canvas fits slightly slimmer in shoulder, slightly bigger through mid-section and a little shorter as well. I'm a med in both but prefer the J Crew version....though for $40 the Canvas is nice.