Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

I think they would be too big for you as well. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 155 lbs. The heritage poplins and oxfords fit me almost perfectly, though the sides could be taken in about an inch total. I would say they were made for a guy 5'10", 160 lbs, and 36 or 38 chest.

Damn this is a pain. I have all the basics I need, but I would rather not go bespoke or MTM for just a button down collar shirt. It's hard to find the yellows and pinks both solid and striped in a kids size and Ralphy is just a touch smaller than Lands End kids...

2. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Just got one of their v-neck t-shirts in. Not too bad overall. Could use more waist suppression and could be shorter, but overall, I'm pleased with the price.

3. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

4. novh

novh Member

Canvas is their updated heritage/hip line

5. phxlawstudent

nobody has answered me so here are my questions again:

how much will shipping cost me?
    I live in Canada

also whats the difference between lands end and lands end canvas?
    http://canvas.landsend.com/canvas/index.html

No one has answered you because theres no reason we would know the answer to your first question. It is better directed at LE directly.

The answer to the second should be sort of obvious. Styling differences mostly. I haven't noticed any quality increase.

6. ohyoumad

ohyoumad Senior member

I tried out three Chambrays from LEC. The Navy Stripe, Red, and Light Grey. The Navy Stripe actually looks the nicest in person, but once you try it on it's totally different when compared to the grey and red. The collar doesn't stay up, just slouches down, and the material is a lot softer and has a worn-in feel. The other too feel pretty stiff and the collars are nice, like in the previews on the site...

7. TDOT

TDOT Senior member

nobody has answered me so here are my questions again:

how much will shipping cost me?
    I live in Canada

also whats the difference between lands end and lands end canvas?
    http://canvas.landsend.com/canvas/index.html

Wait for the free shipping coupons, and you will only be hit with duty. I ordered just over $50 worth of stuff, got the free shipping, and duty was just over $6. LEC break all the costs down for you as your process your order.

8. jakejake

jakejake Senior member

Any active 20% off coupon for sale items + free shipping?

9. tcolberg

tcolberg Well-Known Member

Today I got a hand address and hand written thank you card from LEC and the order from UPS hasn't even shown up yet! But it was a very nice touch. This order I only bought the argyle socks (what a bargain!) and the canvas work bag. The card makes me want to take a chance on ordering a few things from them next sale they have and seeing if I can make their sizing work.

10. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I got the handwritten card too

11. Factor Xll

Factor Xll Senior member

Today I got a hand address and hand written thank you card from LEC and the order from UPS hasn't even shown up yet! But it was a very nice touch. This order I only bought the argyle socks (what a bargain!) and the canvas work bag. The card makes me want to take a chance on ordering a few things from them next sale they have and seeing if I can make their sizing work.

I got the bag too, wasn't impressed. but for 20$ can't complain

12. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Um, I think my "hand written" card was not really hand written but a generic thank you letter penned in script, scanned into a computer and then printed on a few thousand thank you cards to look like it was really written by hand.

13. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Anyone try their Harrington jacket?

14. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

Um, I think my "hand written" card was not really hand written but a generic thank you letter penned in script, scanned into a computer and then printed on a few thousand thank you cards to look like it was really written by hand.

mine was written per what I ordered...

15. phxlawstudent

I don't know about yours, but I thought so too, but it was written with my name and specific items in my order. While its possible that the rest of the card was written using some sort of machine that copies notes and the like, at least my name was hand written. Besides, it had too many smudges and imperfections to be a computer print out.

They're really going out of their way to appeal to a younger generation and to find out what we like. I was impressed enough to actually give them some feedback on the item they asked about.