1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

^^^ Their flannels look pretty nice, good for F/W.

2. ohyoumad

ohyoumad Well-Known Member

anyone with discount codes?

3. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the slim fit chinos? I was wondering if they were too tight when tucking in, especially with the low rise?

Just got mine today. Holy shit- nothing like I was lead to believe. A lot of blogs said they'd fit similar to the jcrew urban slim but slimmer through the thigh... Definitely baggier than those and as slimness goes they aren't in the same fucking universe as the W+H chinos I have. The LEC regular fit chinos must be huuge.

My 30x30 did have a hem of slightly under 7.5... but it also had a waist of over 16.25 and knee of 9. If you plan on getting some I'd definitely order a size down from your regular.

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Well-Known Member

If anybody bought the shaker shawl collar cardigan, can you post actual measurements when you get it? It would be much appreciated.

Also, if anybody has one of their henleys or a t shirt in size medium, can you post those measurements also?

5. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Well-Known Member

Nah it's not that, UPS is just annoying for delivery. I work during the day and they only deliver from 9-5 or so where I am, which is while I'm at work. Unlike normal postal services, they won't leave it at the post office for me to come pick up.

Depends where you are. Because there are never any fees owing on the packages, UPS usually just drops the bag behind some plants. It's not like anything LE sells is particularly valuable (shoes aside I suppose).

6. hastur

hastur Well-Known Member

If anybody bought the shaker shawl collar cardigan, can you post actual measurements when you get it? It would be much appreciated.

Also, if anybody has one of their henleys or a t shirt in size medium, can you post those measurements also?

the shawl collar cardigan looks really nice for the price, i'd love to see some actual pictures if anyone picks it up

7. gasoline

gasoline Well-Known Member

The Leather lace-up's look kinda cheap in the close-up. Not very supple/soft. Looks like the kinda shit leather that will crack and wear like cheap sneaker leather. Obviously the real Alden's are significantly more expensive but at least you can refurbish them many times over.

[​IMG]

8. wannabeagiant

The Leather lace-up's look kinda cheap in the close-up. Not very supple/soft. Looks like the kinda shit leather that will crack and wear like cheap sneaker leather. Obviously the real Alden's are significantly more expensive but at least you can refurbish them many times over.

[​IMG]

Yeah, the leather probably won't be very good. I wonder why that is when LL Bean/chippewa can make a goodyear welted boot with quality full grain leather for $160?

9. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

I got to feel the chukka boot in the store and the leather kind of sucks, wouldn't recommend them to anyone I don't think, much better buys out there. They do lots of great stuff...leather goods isn't one of them I don't think.

10. wannabeagiant

I got to feel the chukka boot in the store and the leather kind of sucks, wouldn't recommend them to anyone I don't think, much better buys out there. They do lots of great stuff...leather goods isn't one of them I don't think.

The chukkas from their mainline? I was hoping the canvas stuff would be higher quality but who knows. I bought a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves last year on deep discount and the leather was quite good. I guess we'll see.

11. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

yeah, the 3-eye moccasin from the Canvas line was in store last weekend and it was unimpressive, very crappy feeling leather IMO.

I just got the purple color oxford shirt today however and it's an awesome color, absolutely loving this shirt. Used a 25% off coupon I found online and got it for $25 basically, killer deal!

12. thinksyncopated

thinksyncopated Well-Known Member

13. rdev

rdev Well-Known Member

14. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Well-Known Member

I just got the Red Chambray. Not bad for the price.

I did a write up on it on my blog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. garmis

garmis Well-Known Member

Just got the sweatpants, very impressed by the quality. Easily as good as the J Crew version, with an added bonus of cuffed, tapered ankles, which I think is the only good way to rock sweatpants.

Should receive the Heritage Chinos on Monday, hoping the high quality will continue!

16. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

Just received my red chambray and sweatshirt, and so far like someone said the S fits between a j crew small and Xsmall. The quality is pretty good, better than gap i'd say. The "vintage" sweatshirt is really soft on the inside like the sweats of the 80's really nice.

17. happy hooligan

Just received my red chambray and sweatshirt, and so far like someone said the S fits between a j crew small and Xsmall. The quality is pretty good, better than gap i'd say. The "vintage" sweatshirt is really soft on the inside like the sweats of the 80's really nice.

I was going to order the sweatshirt, but it's 80/20 and I hate being shocked everytime I take it off. Have you noticed that or does theirs not shock you?

18. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

ordered the slim jeans. Ewww, stay away. horrible back pockets. disappointed big time.

19. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

I was going to order the sweatshirt, but it's 80/20 and I hate being shocked everytime I take it off. Have you noticed that or does theirs not shock you?

Just wore it for a bit..no shocking. However, I haven't washed or dried it yet

20. happy hooligan

did anyone else have a red chambray that really smelled like chemicals after they washed it?