• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

mixProtocol

Reaction score
From a business point of view, it would make sense for them to simply eliminate their brick/mortar locations and instead offer free two-way shipping for returns (like amazn prime) ... Part of the reason LE is appealing to me is the cost, especially of their sale merchandise. I certainly hope they don't decide to open a set of their own stores (which will only add costs that will be passed down to the consumer)...

leeba

Reaction score
What is sizing like on their casual button-downs? Looking for 1-2 flannels and 1-2 OCBDs because Uniqlo stuff doesn't fit me without tailoring. I"m a slim Large in the new season of Uniqlo oxfords, but the body is a little bit too roomy and the lengths are way too long. Would I be a tailored medium in normal LE stuff, and a medium in Lands End Canvas? I'm only 5'10" so lengths can be an issue.
Also looking for T-shirt sizing advice haha

Last edited:

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
^ LEC and LE tailored are roomier than Uniqlo. A medium might work because it's unlikely that a large will.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ LEC and LE tailored are roomier than Uniqlo. A medium might work because it's unlikely that a large will.

In my experience, the sizing goes (from smallest to largest): Uniqlo -> LE Tailored -> LE Canvas.

I'm happy with my LE Canvas shorts, but the shirts that I've ordered from them in the past haven't been very good - cut is a bit baggy (not super baggy, but baggier than LE Tailored) and shirt collars are too small and really flimsy and floppy.

Dinky89484

Reaction score

In my experience, the sizing goes (from smallest to largest): Uniqlo -> LE Tailored -> LE Canvas.

I'm happy with my LE Canvas shorts, but the shirts that I've ordered from them in the past haven't been very good - cut is a bit baggy (not super baggy, but baggier than LE Tailored) and shirt collars are too small and really flimsy and floppy.

Awesome. If LE Tailored is even cut slimmer than LE Canvas, then I'm in!

theh00d

Reaction score
Anyone know how the land ends tailored plant front year'rounded wool dress pants fits?

I'm usually a 28-29 but they only have 30 as their smallest option

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kwaker

Reaction score

I was curious about the material (french terry) and the price was right and so I ordered the chore coat during the F&F sale.
I'll have an opinion on it when I visit Boston early next month ... had it delivered to my hotel to avoid additional charges associated with living in Canada.

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-french-terry-chore-coat/id_251163

Update ... I returned the chore coat ... the nice price does not compensate for the boxy cut.
Returning it to the local Sears store was convenient though.

Kwaker

Reaction score
With the extra 30% off LD promo, I picked up a couple of the gingham shirts.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried the washed oxford from Canvas? How does the fit compare to the sail rigger? http://www.landsend.com/shop/sale/mens-casual-button-down-shirts/-/N-fzh
It's excellent, especially at the current bargain basement price. Fit is tts and similar to j crew. Sail rigger traditional fit runs a full size large.

Thanks for the response.

If you or anyone else knows: I have a Sail Rigger Tailored fit in Medium, which fits with a bit of room. I also have a Canvas gingham from a couple of years ago in medium that fits but is kind of tight. I'm looking for something similar in fit to my Sail Rigger. Would you guess a medium in the washed oxford would be in this range? thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads