• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have some good looking pieces at very decent prices, but their size small is Biggie Sized.

ryn

Reaction score
The basic polo's are decent quality for the price. I've also had them call me after I bought stuff to ask me if I was happy with what I bought. They're also based in my state so I like to spend money within the state when possible. Blue stripe chambray looks like it might be nice.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such great hope, but I will get nothing, I think.

Johnathan

Reaction score
Probably gonna grab that white/grey striped oxford just to see.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm...the chambrays do look nice and the sizing might work for me. If I can find a free shipping coupon I'll give one a shot.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not to toot the site's horn or anything, but valet has an upcoming feature on the line coming up soon. i'll add the link when it's posted.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their photo stylists look like they're blatantly copying J. Crew-- every model scruffily shaven, with hair standing on end, disheveled clothing, and a big grin their face. Take this look away, and I'm not even sure people would be making the J. Crew comparison. Their stuff looks incredibly bland and I'd imagine it fits like a tent.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
not to toot the site's horn or anything, but valet has an upcoming feature on the line coming up soon. i'll add the link when it's posted.

I love the site and read it almost daily, but I remember the post about Lands' End's varsity collar oxford touting its "trim, body-skimming fit". Not so much -- the Lands' End site calls it a "tailored fit", but the shirt has a split back yoke and "roomy back box pleat".

I guess companies want to jump on the slim-fitting trend while still making shirts that fit the average American fat-ass, but it would be nice if sites reviewing their products called them out on this bullshit.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
If I can find a free shipping coupon I'll give one a shot.
I found a free shipping coupon that I think was only good for yesterday since it was "date stamped", but I picked up the solid navy poplin shirt for $32 shipped. I know it will need some tailoring but it'll end up a serviceable shirt for $40 said/done.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jimbo26
I love the site and read it almost daily, but I remember the post about Lands' End's varsity collar oxford touting its "trim, body-skimming fit". Not so much -- the Lands' End site calls it a "tailored fit", but the shirt has a split back yoke and "roomy back box pleat".

I guess companies want to jump on the slim-fitting trend while still making shirts that fit the average American fat-ass, but it would be nice if sites reviewing their products called them out on this bullshit.

I have the Varsity Collar oxford in Tailored Fit. It is in fact fairly slim. The Hyde Park Tailored Fit is in fact comparable, though of course much worse, to Black Fleece.

gnumonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jimbo26

That's not exactly fair - I own 4 or 5 land's end tailored fit OCBDs, and while they're not the best fitting shirts by far, they're slimmer than Brooks Brothers slim fit and for $20-$30 are a pretty good buy. Then again, my neck size is pretty small for my body, so maybe I just got lucky with them fitting well.

At any rate, it'd be interesting to see some real fit pics from this line. Not holding out too much hope (everything I've ever seen from land's end other than their tailored fit shirts fits horribly) but I'd definitely buy some of their stuff if it fit well.

b-ill

Reaction score
25% off

code - SAVE25
pin - 00004002

expires 11/16

Might have to get a pair of MacNeil's and an oxford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads