1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

stopped into the LEC store today and got to check out the waxed canvas field jacket in person. Really surprisingly nice. Generous fitting, a medium was fine on me and I take a large in EG or Gitman for example. At the $96 they were selling it for it's a hell of a coat...tempted to pick it up but just don't need one.

2. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

I was able to return something to Costco a couple weeks ago w/o a receipt. Many other retailers with lenient return policies like Kohl's are still doing it. Once you have a great return policy, altering it would be quite bad for the business unless it can compensate with something else. Customers dont quickly forget these things quickly.

Costco and Kohl's competitive advantage over many retailers is their return policy and it really has been part of their business & marketing plan

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

Yeah, LE's excellent return policy isn't going anywhere. It one of their biggest selling points, and it's a huge reason why people keep shopping there over the long haul. It's the same reason why I buy all my hiking/camping stuff at REI -- because I know they'll always stand behind their products, it's the first place I turn to for outdoor gear.

I know that some companies will freeze out specific people who abuse the system. Someone in the Men's Clothing side returned 95% of his purchases from Sierra Trading Post, so they politely told him not to order from them anymore since their products weren't meeting his standards. This is more likely to happen to serial returners at LE rather than eliminating their "Guaranteed. Period" policy.

4. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

+1 -- and, I'll add, now that LLB has free shipping (again!) I took another spin through their catalog and bought a few things. That, combined with their return policy, goes a long way to overcoming my distaste at what kind of company they've become.

I'll add Brooks Brothers to retailers with great return policies. Once you get in their system they'll take anything back, any time, and are super-quick to fulfill substitutions on open orders, even on "final sale" items. Plus they have stores everywhere so if you don't feel like boxing things up again you can drop off returns there.

5. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

What's wrong with LLB?

As far as costco's return policy, they've shored it up by reducing the return period for electronics to 90 days. They'll be happy to take back the $10 holiday ham you bought six months still sitting in your freezer though.

6. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Alert! Alert! New stuff finally rolling into Canvas.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

A denim peacoat? That should look great after a walk in the rain.

How about some itchy wool underwear and shoes made of aluminum to round out your early spring outfit?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Anyone else? I actually really like this shirt.

[​IMG]

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Can't wait until it's $12.

10. dunelly

dunelly Senior member

how slim is their shirts
    i wear xs in jcrew
    is there any chance a small will fit me? I have 17.5 shoulders so the jcrew is a bit small for me but the body fits.

I wouldn't mind tailoring the lands end if the shoulders and armholes are good.

11. gort

gort Senior member

Wow I really like that. Here's to hoping the material is ok. Some of their shirts feel great, others have some awful rigid feeling that just sucks.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

13. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

The fit of their shirts changes with each new arrival. They will give you measurements if you ask.

14. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

^^ lol.
    my thoughts exactly.

15. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

And as an extra bonus, the measurements they give you are pretty much always wrong.

16. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

A bunch of great items, but the huge price increase is stupid. $17 MIC socks, $60 braided belts, $150 Imported boat shoes,... We all know your going to end up selling it in 2014 for 90% off. Why not have a more reasonable price to begin with?
    I don't mind paying full retail if I really want an item.
    I would pay $30 for the belt, $30 for shorts, and $15 for the ringer tee today! In the end I will buy everything I want in April for much much less.

I like this one more.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-...&CM_MERCH=IDX_men-_-new-arrivals&origin=index

17. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

It'll look about like a jean jacket looks after a walk in the rain... just fine. Jeez.

18. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Senior member

19. otc

otc Senior member

Its not about being able to return something without a receipt...it is about people abusing the return policies to get free upgrades on electronics.