• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

singh02

Reaction score
I'v never tried the j crew slim fits, but the canvas slim fits were faiirly slim but not skinny. The quality is great for its price especially when it's on sale. The front pockets do stick out though for me like elephant ears (if that makes sense).

surprisingly minty

Reaction score
i've been keeping up with this thread and thought I would make my debut :)

I personally am sold on LEC. This is a great company. They may not have the highest quality but the stuff they produce is pretty damn affordable and an awesome pieces of clothing.
Sizing wise, they are along the lines of J. Crew but I have found some of their articles such as shirts to be more fitted(higher arm holes, trimmer fit around waist etc...)

@deveandepot1
I found the jaspe to be alittle shorter in length then the regular heritage tees. I will check them out again.
@Mr Sola
Last time I tried on the LEC slim fit, I found them to be alittle looser in the thighs than the JCrew slim fits.
@engar
I tried the trenchcoat and it looks awesome but in terms of construction I am unsure how long it will last. It fits and feels nice though, it is alittle looser and less boxy then my JCrew trench.

For free shipping, you can try to call in and they will sometimes just give you free shipping. I have sometimes asked for free shipping straight up and they have honored it.
I will try to see if there are any codes or upcoming sales. Let me know if anybody needs me to check up on anything. (I work 10minutes away and I usually check in biweekly)

By the way, if you have a SEARS store that has a Lands End Canvas section, I urge you to check it out. I have not had one bad experience in store. Their return policy is ridicioulous: you can return something even after some crazy amount of time(a year? even more?) Also, in store you will have the chance to take advantage of the discount(usually some percent off) along with pricematch with online discounts. Using this method I have ended up with jeans under $7 and basic tees for an unreal price of $1 and some change each. In store, you can also order things online and get automatic free shipping.

I'm going in later today too :)

P.S. If you are smaller size you might want to check out the Classifieds for some good deals.
http://canvas.landsend.com/otc/index.html

JosiahS

Reaction score

its covered in the first 20 pages. ^

BTW I want to add something (will write reviews some time sunday) but I received a bunch of crap (bulk order) and I'm noticing that the shirts (spring summer 11 releases) have a slight taper-- or so it appears compared to my fall/winter 10 poplins.
Could you post chest and shoulder measurements for the poplin shirts please? Size small? I want to try and take advantage of some of these sales. Also, i ordered a couple of the regular v-necks in medium, big mistake, they're big but after measuring, i'm not sure a small would fit me in the chest(i can do 39" minimum).. M v-necks are 40 in the chest and 14 neck opening after washed and dried. Minimal but noticeable taper so not completely boxy.

Last edited:

engar

Reaction score

@engar
I tried the trenchcoat and it looks awesome but in terms of construction I am unsure how long it will last. It fits and feels nice though, it is alittle looser and less boxy then my JCrew trench.

Thanks! Maybe enough well constructed for not-so-rainy Barcelona.

GQ1

Reaction score
Discount Code!

Enter the Promotion Code SUMMERDEALS and PIN 9324 .

Save an additional 20% on Lands’ End Canvas Reduced-Priced and Clearance items and Receive Free Shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses on a single order of $50 or more of merchandise (after any applicable discounts, excludes Lands’ End Canvas Classifieds, monogramming, gift boxing, gift cards, shipping, taxes and duties). Discount will be applied at checkout. 2-5 business day delivery to most addresses. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Applies only to Lands’ End Canvas merchandise purchased from landsendcanvas.com or at 1-877-877-1963. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central, July 18, 2011.

JosiahS

Reaction score

Discount Code!

Enter the Promotion Code SUMMERDEALS and PIN 9324 .

Save an additional 20% on Lands’ End Canvas Reduced-Priced and Clearance items and Receive Free Shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses on a single order of $50 or more of merchandise (after any applicable discounts, excludes Lands’ End Canvas Classifieds, monogramming, gift boxing, gift cards, shipping, taxes and duties). Discount will be applied at checkout. 2-5 business day delivery to most addresses. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Applies only to Lands’ End Canvas merchandise purchased from landsendcanvas.com or at 1-877-877-1963. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central, July 18, 2011.

To expand on that, here is what a rep said:

customer : hi. i noticed in that in the promo info for LEC that some promotional prices may be deducted on returns, do you have any info on what pieces specifically that accounts for? I'd like to pick up some v-necks and poplin shirts.
Jo : I'd be happy to assist you with that!
customer : ..and i may need to return some
customer : thanks
Jo : You would get the price you paid for the item when you return it.
customer : alright, and what about the blazers?
Jo : If your item was reduced by the promotion code then you would only receive the price that you paid for the item when you return it.
Jo : If the item is on sale today then the promotion will take the percentage off that item.
customer : Is it possible to make returns at Sears locations even if the Sears does not have a LEC section or carry any LEC clothing?
Jo : Are you in the USA?
customer : yes
Jo : You can make returns to any Sears Store that sells clothing, they do not have to sell Lands' End or Lands' End Canvas items to make the return there.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I notice that my canvas shirts fade rather easily after a wash and line dry.

Perhaps that's why Jcrew is more expensive: greater resistance to color fading? Wait a second, jcrew charges a PREMIUM for it's secret washes and fades...

Scooter391

Reaction score
Hello! First post here, but I have been lurking off and on for quite a while. I am thinking about ordering some stuff from LEC, but I'm not sure about sizes/fits. I looked through about 60 pages of this thread, but didn't find what I needed. Feel free to mock me if I just didn't see the info somewhere, but I did at least try to look :p

In most things, I am between a small and medium. I am 5ft 7, 158 lbs with a 42" chest and 34" waist (which will probably soon be 33"). I like my clothes fitted. Mediums often fit well in the shoulders but are too billowy and long, smalls are often constricting in the chest. I generally end up in smalls. I haven't tried LEC stuff yet, though.

First off, I have trouble finding good, fitted T-shirts so I thought I would try these since they are cheap and seem fairly well reviewed. My best fitting Ts are BR small fitted Ts (at least when I first buy them) and mediums from H&M, which I unfortunately don't normally have access to.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TheHe...MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops-_-PolosTees&origin=index

I am also looking at this cardigan, which looks like a good value to me, but reviews say it runs large. Anyone know anything about this piece?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Shake..._MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops-_-Sweaters&origin=index

Third is these shirts, but I am concerned about the length being too long and the waist being too billowy. Anyone try these?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Pocke..._0=::KM2&CM_MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops&origin=index

thanks for your help!

Last edited:

lwkeung

Reaction score
I wear M Uniqlo, S Gap/Banana Rep.
5'8 and 160.

I have the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, I ordered Small. It fit perfectly on me, but after washing, it shrunk. It's a tad snug, but with it's material, I think I'll stretch back.
I have the oxford and chambray shirt in Small. Length is a little long for oxford, but the fit on chambray is perfect for me. Not as billowy as my Uniqlo, similar to Gap.

blynch

Reaction score

Hello! First post here, but I have been lurking off and on for quite a while. I am thinking about ordering some stuff from LEC, but I'm not sure about sizes/fits. I looked through about 60 pages of this thread, but didn't find what I needed. Feel free to mock me if I just didn't see the info somewhere, but I did at least try to look :p

In most things, I am between a small and medium. I am 5ft 7, 158 lbs with a 42" chest and 34" waist (which will probably soon be 33"). I like my clothes fitted. Mediums often fit well in the shoulders but are too billowy and long, smalls are often constricting in the chest. I generally end up in smalls. I haven't tried LEC stuff yet, though.

First off, I have trouble finding good, fitted T-shirts so I thought I would try these since they are cheap and seem fairly well reviewed. My best fitting Ts are BR small fitted Ts (at least when I first buy them) and mediums from H&M, which I unfortunately don't normally have access to.

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TheHe...MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops-_-PolosTees&origin=index

I am also looking at this cardigan, which looks like a good value to me, but reviews say it runs large. Anyone know anything about this piece?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Shake..._MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops-_-Sweaters&origin=index

Third is these shirts, but I am concerned about the length being too long and the waist being too billowy. Anyone try these?

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/Pocke..._0=::KM2&CM_MERCH=IDX_Men-_-Tops&origin=index

thanks for your help!
small should be good on the tshirts. Will probably need medium for the shoulders/chest in the button downs, but it definitely will not be a slim fit in the mid/waist, small will be better but will probably pull in the chest, so only good fit would be to get mediums taken in or just look elsewhere.

Last edited:

Scooter391

Reaction score
I wear M Uniqlo, S Gap/Banana Rep.
5'8 and 160.

I have the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, I ordered Small. It fit perfectly on me, but after washing, it shrunk. It's a tad snug, but with it's material, I think I'll stretch back.
I have the oxford and chambray shirt in Small. Length is a little long for oxford, but the fit on chambray is perfect for me. Not as billowy as my Uniqlo, similar to Gap.

small should be good on the tshirts. Will probably need medium for the shoulders/chest in the button downs, but it definitely will not be a slim fit in the mid/waist, small will be better but will probably pull in the chest, so only good fit would be to get mediums taken in or just look elsewhere.

Ok, good to know! I think I'll pull the trigger on the cardigan and small t shirts. I might skip the madras shirts for now. Thanks!

JosiahS

Reaction score
Hmm.. tempted to get a SM shawl cardigan now and just soak and hand dry to avoid srinkage. I'm 160 and 5ft 8", 41" chest so it seems like it'd work for me.

lwkeung

Reaction score
Yep, small sounds like your fit. I wouldnt "hang" dry, cause its pretty heavy, and not very tighly knitted, so i think it might pull long, if that makes sense. I store it folded,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads