Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. rfpgh

rfpgh Active Member

Try mainline LE instead of LEC for certain items:[/b] LE plaid shirts, slim fit oxford shirts, and slim-fit dress shirts are noticeably better in terms of quality (and potentially fit).

I would second this for the LE Oxfords, which don't suffer from the weird ballooning at the waist that afflicts LEC shirts and are generally a lot dressier and nicer looking. I asked a rep on the website at one point and they are actually somewhat slimmer than the LEC oxfords. The only drawback is that their fabric is rougher and stiffer.

2. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I would second this for the LE Oxfords, which don't suffer from the weird ballooning at the waist that afflicts LEC shirts and are generally a lot dressier and nicer looking. I asked a rep on the website at one point and they are actually somewhat slimmer than the LEC oxfords. The only drawback is that their fabric is rougher and stiffer.

What are the slim fit oxfords called on the main LE site?

3. rfpgh

rfpgh Active Member

4. tit_tyrant

tit_tyrant Well-Known Member

I think the sleeves are quite baggy on the LE oxfords. Took one to a local tailor and he said it was impossible to slim them down for some reason. He was probably shittin' me though

5. Ardy

Ardy Member

sup y'all anyone got any pics of what lands end's velvet plum looks like IRL? thnx

6. porschemad911

porschemad911 Senior member

I was thinking about joining that other 'March 2011 No Purchase' thread, but ... kind of clicked 'buy' for the LEC sale. Couldn't resist the additional 30% off on sale prices ... got a cashmere cotton sweater, canvas sneakers, cotton cardigan, 2 polos, leather sandals, denim jacket and cord shirt for $150 shipped international. Bargain!

7. AndyMcL

AndyMcL Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with their tees?

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I like their tees a lot. They are cut fairly slim, but not tight. It works for me. The fabric is a little thing, but very nice.

9. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

I think the sleeves are quite baggy on the LE oxfords. Took one to a local tailor and he said it was impossible to slim them down for some reason. He was probably shittin' me though

BS. My tailor just took in the sleeves on two LE Hyde Park Oxfords. Slimmed down the waist too, total bill was $30/each. [​IMG] Worth it for the fabric though, total I paid for that fabric in a perfect fit was only $60. Too bad they don't come in other colors.

10. phxlawstudent

Great fit on the tees. I'm 5'6", 9"-10" drop. I wear a small. Anyone have an opinion on the heathered options? Thinking of putting in an order.

11. clarence_y

clarence_y Well-Known Member

Anyone pick up one of their stick umbrellas? They look pretty decent for the price.

12. slide13

slide13 Senior member

All sale stuff is an additional 70% off in store...was down at the protests in Madison yesterday and was super cold so I stopped by and got a wool blend sweater for $10. It's pretty crappy but a decently slim fit and a great buy for $10 when you're chilled to the bone.

13. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Senior member

Just placed an order with the 30% off and free shipping promotion they're running:

The Heritage Poplin Shirt
    Item: 38730-9X59, Berry Pink Bengal Stripe, Size: Small
    $12.99

Men's Heritage Garment Dyed Oxford Shirt
    Item: 39136-8X56, Dark Chocolate, Size: Small
    $16.99

The Heritage Patterned Poplin
    Item: 39144-8X50, Velvet Plum Plaid, Size: Small
    $12.99

The Heritage Striped Crewneck Tee
    Item: 39146-1X51, Gray Heather/True Navy, Size: Small
    $ 9.99

The Heritage Striped Crewneck Tee
    Item: 39146-1X51, Storm Blue/True Navy, Size: Small
    $ 9.99

Item: 39144-8X50, Light Balsam Multi Plaid, Size: Small
    $12.99

Item: 39144-8X50, Rich Red Plaid, Size: Small
    $12.99

Item: 39136-8X56, Seaport, Size: Small
    $16.99

Item: 39136-8X56, Royal Burgundy, Size: Small
    $16.99

Paid 93.44 shipped all in all, so a little over $10 bucks a shirts makes me a very happy camper [​IMG]

As far as he sizing is concerned, I feel the shirts fit me very well, I've tried on the size smalls at the Madison store and although I can do the mediums they are not as fitted as I like where as the smalls fit slim but I wish the sleeves were an inch longer (they're not too short for my arms but a little bit more length would've been ideal)

I will post fit pictures when my order arrives [​IMG]

14. fpr4

fpr4 Well-Known Member

Anyone know the difference between the clearance Harrington Jacket and the new one? Only thing I can see based on the pictures is that the new one looks to have more authentic Harrington pockets...

15. phxlawstudent

I'm really really interested in those garment dyed oxfords. What do they go best with and in what situations?