Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Meis

Meis Senior member

[​IMG]

What do you think of this sweater?

got one a few weeks ago...returned it...fits big

2. stfm12

stfm12 New Member

got one a few weeks ago...returned it...fits big

What size did you order, out of curiosity?

3. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

Got my order in today, all in small. 5'10" 160lbs, 37 chest, 33 natural waist.

"The Heritage Poplin Shirt"/Shawl Cardigan from LE: Perfect fit and perfect length. The shirt is a bit shear though (in pink).

Cashmere V-neck: Fits but near skin-tight. Might try a medium.

Brushed Flannel Workshirt/Heritage Check Poplin: A bit long, and too much fabric in the waist. A shame since I really loved the patterns too.

Dyed Oxford: Same as above plus a bit short in the sleeves as well. Not a good combo.

Anyone try shrinking these in the wash and got a good fit? If not they're to Sears tomorrow.

4. innocentbystander

innocentbystander Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried their Slim Fit Chino Shorts?

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

any active coupons?

6. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Has anybody tried their Slim Fit Chino Shorts?

I like them. They're long though.

7. innocentbystander

innocentbystander Well-Known Member

I like them. They're long though.

Are they actually somewhat slim? What's the fabric like?

8. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

any active coupons?

Seconded. I just missed the 30% off earlier this week.

9. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Are they actually somewhat slim? What's the fabric like?

Yes, they fit similar to J. Crew's shorts. Pretty much their twill pants chopped off at the knee.

The fabric feels pretty good relative to the price. Its semi-thick though, if your looking for thin and breathable.

10. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

Seconded. I just missed the 30% off earlier this week.

This. I've got about 6-8 in the shopping cart, but I'd hate to miss a deal.

11. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I gave the down puffer jacket a real test today (-30 outside), I walked down to the post office with just the jacket and a t-shirt underneath. It kept my torso toasty warm and kept the wind out (too bad everything else on my body froze), so A+ for this item (especially considering I got it for like $30). Easily on par with the more ridiculously priced down jacket brands for a fraction of the price (I just use it as a beater/work jacket anyways).

12. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

LE just does a great job with down jackets. I have their non canvas down jacket and it's quite lightweight in addition to being warm.

If you must have the warmest possible down, get an eddie bauer. Unfortunately, they are about as un-stylish as you can possibly get.

I gave the down puffer jacket a real test today (-30 outside), I walked down to the post office with just the jacket and a t-shirt underneath. It kept my torso toasty warm and kept the wind out (too bad everything else on my body froze), so A+ for this item (especially considering I got it for like $30). Easily on par with the more ridiculously priced down jacket brands for a fraction of the price (I just use it as a beater/work jacket anyways).

13. pimpmystyle

One of the interesting (in a good way) things about LEC is that they actually restock items. With nearly every other retailer, once they sell out, the item is gone. Now, they may re-introduce something very similar, but usually at full price.

LEC seems to restock at the same sale prices as they did prior to the item selling out. What I guess I'm asking is: is LEC a successful line or not from a financial perspective? So much of what they do is contrary to any other clothing retailer I've purchased from (restocking sale items, sales going on indefinitely, massive coupon discounts on top of discounted merchandise, weird sizing...).

14. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

One of the interesting (in a good way) things about LEC is that they actually restock items. With nearly every other retailer, once they sell out, the item is gone. Now, they may re-introduce something very similar, but usually at full price. LEC seems to restock at the same sale prices as they did prior to the item selling out. What I guess I'm asking is: is LEC a successful line or not from a financial perspective? So much of what they do is contrary to any other clothing retailer I've purchased from (restocking sale items, sales going on indefinitely, massive coupon discounts on top of discounted merchandise, weird sizing...).
    I've taken quite a different perspective to what you've described there. It seems to me that they give frequent discounts on sale items because they're having a hard time selling these items from older seasons. People are drawn to these major discounts and the dirt cheap prices, and make purchases much less cautiously. Many, many returns happen as a result of this lack of discretion and these returned items often reappear on the sales item page after being in sold-out status.

15. pimpmystyle

Damm, I think you're right. This means we may be getting second hand, or even third hand goods on returns.