Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. mrbrad

mrbrad Active Member

Found it - very odd measurements. The shoulders were super tiny at 16.25" and the sleeves quite long (25.5").

I need something like 17" in the shoulders and 24" in sleeves (though I think my arms are shorter than most).

Very odd - the small in this jacket definitely seems to be more like an extra small with long sleeves!

FYI, shoulders aren't quite so slim. I used a tape measure so this might be a bit off but I get between 16.75 and 17" on the shoulders (16.75 if I don't hold the fabric taught -- this was confirmed by max-t on his "re-measure"). Other rough measurements -- chest at 19.50" and sleeves ~25.5"

2. Jump Around

Jump Around Senior member

I returned mine for exactly that reason. Cotton shouldn't sound crinkly.

Yeah I think I'm going to have to do the same unless someone can tell me if this is normal. I was surprised because there were a lot of posts that said they liked their poplins. Unless other print poplins are made with a different material. Anyone know?

Anyone know if the white oxford is a bit shear(will my undershirt show)?

I have 2 heritage oxfords and a wool-cotton crewneck sweater. I really like the other stuff I got.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I actually just got that shirt in the mail yesterday and wore it today. I'll snap a photo of it tomorrow for you with my SLR. I'm in bed on the laptop about to pass out. [​IMG]

Great thanks, seems like a nice shirt.

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

^ Geriatricwear is the new workwear.

5. gort

gort Senior member

6. pneumo

pneumo Active Member

Use coupon code FEB3 and PIN: 9261 for free shipping for orders over $50 [​IMG] gonna try out the corduroy blazer, griffin crest tie, and some pocket squares

7. YoPete525

YoPete525 Well-Known Member

@Coldsnap I'd recommend against the poplin workshirts, they have terrible (ie remarkably flimsy) collars, more abrasive construction, and inferior fabric compared to their heritage poplin/striped oxfords/chambrays. It's the only shirt I own from them that had the placket crease on the underside (with the buttons) as well, which takes a lot of ironing to get out.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Ah, I hate it when shirts crease in that area; that usually is a sure tell sign of low quality because none of my J. Crew shirts do that. The lands end canvas poplin shirt is starting to crease in that area after a wash.

The color and pattern looks nice though.

9. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]

this is dope. very likey.

10. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

To some of the members here... Don't be turned off by all these low post count members chiming in about how good the shirts fit and then thinking that they know nothing... especially after you have had a bad experience.

My first LEC order was one of those poplin shirts and it was one of the best OTR fits for me. It was the Smedium that I needed from J Crew shirts. I ordered the Red Chambray, an overdye oxford and a blue oxford and another poplin. Poplin fits pretty much like my first shirt. The Red Chambray is shorter in the body and the Overdye oxford was just bigger everywhere compared to the poplin. I ordered a regular blue oxford and it had the pretty good fit that I got from the first poplin.

So the stuff is pretty hit and miss... but the return policy is great and I highly recommend LEC.

11. cocks

cocks Well-Known Member

It's really hard to say anything bad about an $8 shirt. If nothing else now I have something to layer under :p

12. Matt44

Matt44 Senior member

Just got a few items with the 30% off, Free Ship ...

Cord Blazer in brown, came out to a crazy $20. I'm a standard 42 and the fit is a tad tight at the shoulder, but not a deal killer. Sleeve length is decent. Fabric is really nice. But I shouldn't bitch, the thing was 20 bucks!

Corduroy Work Shirt for $13 in grey. I got a M and L. The M is a nice trim fit, but would probably never go in the dryer. The L isn't bad, but would look full tucked in. Anyway, nice corduroy fabric, good color, probably keeping the M.

Heritage Straight Collar Poplin
    for $10 in white. Again tried both a M and L. The M was too snug. The fabric isn't very dense, it's a little see-thru. Probably returning both.

Heritage Cardigan for $12 in charcoal, I think. Went with an M, which works for me. Maybe a bit snug when buttoned up, but the L would be too full. Great sweater.

You guys know what this shit looks like, but let me know you if you need pics...

13. gort

gort Senior member

Only thing I've returned so far were the relaxed fit chinos. I typically figure a relaxed fit would sit lower but these sat really high. I'd prefer a relaxed fit to be below the belly button but these were pretty much right on the belly button. Sending them back today, but ordered more poplin shirts. [​IMG]

14. pneumo

pneumo Active Member

Just got a few items with the 30% off, Free Ship ...
    what's the 30% off coupon code? I couldn't find anything on Google...did it expire already? thanks! [​IMG]

15. thisfits

thisfits Senior member

Yeah I think I'm going to have to do the same unless someone can tell me if this is normal. I was surprised because there were a lot of posts that said they liked their poplins. Unless other print poplins are made with a different material. Anyone know?
    The crinkly feel came with their F/W released poplins. Their first run poplins were very soft. I own both (wearing the latter today, actually). So generally, darker colors are the crinkly stuff; lighter colors (like color gingham or stripes on a white ground) is the soft stuff. I honestly thought that the crinkly fabric was a production error, since they appeared to pull it shortly after it was released. But if it's still being sold, I guess it's intentional. Maybe it's a thicker fabric that's better for winter? I don't think you should ask if the stiffness is normal. Decide for yourself if you like it or not. I kept mine, not because I particularly like the fabric, but because I like the pattern.
    Anyone know if the white oxford is a bit shear(will my undershirt show)?
    Yeah, my undershirt shows when I wear the white oxford.