Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

meis, the lone voice of reason in this very confused thread [​IMG]

2. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

[​IMG]
    Whoru? Sorry, didn't that comment was going to strike a nerve with random fatties.

edit: seriously, just too many lulz in this thread to quote them all. I'll throw in a few
    [​IMG] [​IMG] for good measure.

3. Coal_Mining_Polak

Coal_Mining_Polak Senior member

...Anyways - Got the flannel, great color/pattern, nice fabric - would only work untucked if you're 6 feet tall. A very unfortunate return since it was $11.

4. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

big price increase on their t-shirts which really sucks as that is one of my favorite things they make. Used to be $12.50 each if you bought 3 at a time, now they are $17 if you buy 3. I already have about a dozen thankfully but that is getting too expensive.

Man that $4.50 is really going to break the bank for you. Poor guy.

5. skander

skander Well-Known Member

Saw the sale and figured I'd give their shirts a shot. Previously I'd only had a grey crewneck sweatshirt from LEC that was awesome for the price.

Picked up two of the Oxford overdyes, exactly what you should expect for like $15. Not the best fabric, okay fit - good in chest but blousy sleaves and too wide at waist. For reference, I got smalls - wear a smalls in mall brands for shirts. 170, 5'11."

Will maybe get more basics if I hear good things next time they go on deep discount, regular price is too high.

6. mrbrad

mrbrad Active Member

Size Small marled blazer. 5'9" ~145-150, more of an athletic-style build. Should it go back? Fabric is okay, about what I expected for a budget blazer. Worn over BB Oxford. Realize the pants / my legs look odd here; I think it's the angle of the photo. Sorry for the shitty quality pics, I'm using a phone to snap 'em.

[​IMG]

I think it looks alright, though the top button and its hole rest naturally around 1-inch apart. Sleeves are maybe half-inch too long -- functional cuffs make modifications more difficult than they're worth. Another guy earlier had tried to shrink it in the dryer with limited success. Don't think I'll try that due to the already cramped chest/shoulder areas.

[​IMG]

Personally, I think for $40 it's not too shabby. Not terrific, but a nice casual jacket which I won't have to worry about getting spilled on.

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

8. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/PeaCoa...1&origin=index Chambray peacoat
    I don't understand this "all chambray everything" theme that these mall retailers are going nuts over. Started with J. Crew, then Gap followed, and now it has made its way down to Land's End. Chambray ties, scarves, pocket squares, wallets, watch straps, etc, etc, etc... [​IMG] Pretty soon we're going to see a chambray tuxedo.

9. BoboMax

BoboMax Senior member

Charcoal Grey Poplin Workshirt.
    Great fit

This is the worst and least descriptive way to provide feedback about your purchase. It may fit you great but fit terribly for someone else.

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

The stuff I bought for my girl turned out really well. Except for the bikini bottoms I got that looked like an XL even though they were marked a small[​IMG]

11. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

The stuff I bought for my girl turned out really well. Except for the bikini bottoms I got that looked like an XL even though they were marked a small[​IMG]

I'm returning the two pieces I got for my wife that could, at best, be called unflattering.

It was as if they were designed for the plus size set.

12. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

Size Small marled blazer. 5'9" ~145-150, more of an athletic-style build. Should it go back? Fabric is okay, about what I expected for a budget blazer. Worn over BB Oxford. Realize the pants / my legs look odd here; I think it's the angle of the photo. Sorry for the shitty quality pics, I'm using a phone to snap 'em.
    Could you give some measurements for the small marled blazer? (especially shoulders and sleeve length)? I'm tempted to pick one up but if the sleeves are too long it's probably not worth it to deal with the tricky tailoring due to the functional button holes. IMO, the fit looks good on you.

13. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

underwhelmed by the marl blazer. the slim shoulder thing is best for skinny dudes with smaller heads. jacket fits ok but pulls in weird places like pieces were sewn together crooked. fabric is better than i expected but still mediocre. i like the cord better for this kind of casual wear. is going back

wife likes the tanks and cardis a lot ... bought her a half dozen ... cheap way to be a hero

14. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

free ship code out there?

15. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I got a number of stuff that worked, mostly the beach cover ups, and some sandals. The one piece bathing suit I got was cute, but too small, and the same size bikini bottom was massive.