• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands End - Alfred Sargeant Shoes

JohnG

Reaction score
Maybe you gentlemen can help me out please. A friend recentally told me he read that Land's End now offers Alfred Sargeant shoes.

I did a search, ( he wasn't sure if he read it on this site or another.) but could not find anything pertaining to the topic.

Firstly, is this true?

Secondly, I understand that this is a very old and established house but what is your input of the A.S. offerings if Land's End does carry the line now? ( I assume it is AS shoes made under Land's End brand name?)

My board search found about a dozen hits but most were short vague references with mixed feelings.

Respectfully,
John G.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LE offers one or two shoes. right now, according to the website, it is an unlined chukka boot and a 3 eyelet gibson. i'm not sure which AS line they're from.

As for the shoes themselves, i have no experience.

JohnMS

Reaction score
The Lands' End Winter 2004 catalog lists the following three shoes from Alfred Sargent:

Burnished Derby Boot, item 9776-3Q28
Suede Chukka Boot, item 9776-2Q22
Suede Full Brogue, item 9776-4Q23

Derby boots show availability in sizes 9.5, 11.5, and 12

Suede full brogues show availability in sizes 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, and 13

There are an additional two shoes added later that are out there, but don't have the item codes. Quill could help you there.

Suede chukka boots show availability in sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, and 13.

Searching by name doesn't work, but if you search using the item code by Catalog Quick Order it will get you there.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfred-Sargent shoes carried by Lands' End are listed as "English Dress Shoes". When I called about their other shoes, listed in their catalog as being "Imported" and made from "fine French calfskin", they told me they're manufactured in China. Said it's not unusual for companies to ship French calfskin to China, where labor is cheap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads