1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lands End - Alfred Sargeant Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnG, Apr 6, 2005.

1. JohnG

JohnG Well-Known Member

Maybe you gentlemen can help me out please. A friend recentally told me he read that Land's End now offers Alfred Sargeant shoes.

I did a search, ( he wasn't sure if he read it on this site or another.) but could not find anything pertaining to the topic.

Firstly, is this true?

Secondly, I understand that this is a very old and established house but what is your input of the A.S. offerings if Land's End does carry the line now? ( I assume it is AS shoes made under Land's End brand name?)

My board search found about a dozen hits but most were short vague references with mixed feelings.

Respectfully,
    John G.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

LE offers one or two shoes. right now, according to the website, it is an unlined chukka boot and a 3 eyelet gibson. i'm not sure which AS line they're from.

As for the shoes themselves, i have no experience.

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

The Lands' End Winter 2004 catalog lists the following three shoes from Alfred Sargent:

Burnished Derby Boot, item 9776-3Q28
    Suede Chukka Boot, item 9776-2Q22
    Suede Full Brogue, item 9776-4Q23

Derby boots show availability in sizes 9.5, 11.5, and 12

Suede full brogues show availability in sizes 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, and 13

There are an additional two shoes added later that are out there, but don't have the item codes. Quill could help you there.

Suede chukka boots show availability in sizes 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, and 13.

Searching by name doesn't work, but if you search using the item code by Catalog Quick Order it will get you there.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Alfred-Sargent shoes carried by Lands' End are listed as "English Dress Shoes". When I called about their other shoes, listed in their catalog as being "Imported" and made from "fine French calfskin", they told me they're manufactured in China. Said it's not unusual for companies to ship French calfskin to China, where labor is cheap.