• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lambourne or Barry Bricken Moleskin

Ed355

Reaction score
I know it's a little strange to want to buy moleskin in the summer, but the moleskin pants on stp look to be very good value. Can someone who has both the Lambourne and the Barry Bricken moleskin pants compare the quality of the fabric and the cut? Which ones are more tapered? Thanks.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had my eye on the flatfronts too, when they were down to $35 recently (plus there was a coupon for an additional 20 percent off). But I let the price go back up, and now I can't bring myself to buy them. Maybe the price will drop again...
frown.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

Unfortunate. I have now kicked myself as hard as I could, and was harder than expected. I've learned my lesson.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin is a great fabric for casual wear. I love pants that have some texture and differ from the norm of smooth cotton/wool slacks. If you could get either pair at a good price, I'd say either represents a good value - I would say the Lambourne would be a bit higher quality, however. Perhaps better suited for spring/fall wear due to the weight, of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads