• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lambourne or Barry Bricken Moleskin

Ed355

Reaction score
I know it's a little strange to want to buy moleskin in the summer, but the moleskin pants on stp look to be very good value. Can someone who has both the Lambourne and the Barry Bricken moleskin pants compare the quality of the fabric and the cut? Which ones are more tapered? Thanks.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

Unfortunate. I have now kicked myself as hard as I could, and was harder than expected. I've learned my lesson.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moleskin is a great fabric for casual wear. I love pants that have some texture and differ from the norm of smooth cotton/wool slacks. If you could get either pair at a good price, I'd say either represents a good value - I would say the Lambourne would be a bit higher quality, however. Perhaps better suited for spring/fall wear due to the weight, of course.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 134 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 250 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 120 15.6%
  • 31 - 40