1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lambourne or Barry Bricken Moleskin

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ed355, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Ed355

Ed355 Senior Member

I know it's a little strange to want to buy moleskin in the summer, but the moleskin pants on stp look to be very good value. Can someone who has both the Lambourne and the Barry Bricken moleskin pants compare the quality of the fabric and the cut? Which ones are more tapered? Thanks.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I had my eye on the flatfronts too, when they were down to $35 recently (plus there was a coupon for an additional 20 percent off). But I let the price go back up, and now I can't bring myself to buy them. Maybe the price will drop again... [​IMG]

3. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Were the Lambournes at $35? If so, I shall proceed to kick myself in the buttocks as hard as I can. That's because I have a pair and shall endorse them until the end of time. They're true moleskins, meaning that they're extremely heavy and dense. Nothing -- nettles, branches, small thorns -- nothing gets through these babies. Mine are well over a year old and just keep getting better with age. I can't speak to the Brickens, but the Lambournes are the real deal.

The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

5. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Senior Member

I have the Lambournes. High quality.

6. Teacher

Teacher Stylish Dinosaur

The flat-fronts were, yes. And I agree, I was an idiot for not ordering them when I could.

Unfortunate. I have now kicked myself as hard as I could, and was harder than expected. I've learned my lesson.

7. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Moleskin is a great fabric for casual wear. I love pants that have some texture and differ from the norm of smooth cotton/wool slacks. If you could get either pair at a good price, I'd say either represents a good value - I would say the Lambourne would be a bit higher quality, however. Perhaps better suited for spring/fall wear due to the weight, of course.