1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lambo's New $1.4mil Supercar

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by JetBlast, Sep 12, 2007.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

But it's still one of the most beautiful cars from it's era, and the first to be labeled as a supercar.

I disagree. Many car experts tend to label the 300 SL as the first "ňúsupercar'.

Jon.

2. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Please elaborate.

Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen. A lot of the switchgear in the Lamborghini cabin is the same as what you find on an Audi. I don't think this is a bad thing, however. Before VW took over, Lamborghini cars were not particularly reliable or finely finished cars. Morever, Audi interiors are some of the nicest on the market, regardless of price. To my mind, Laborghini has only benefited from becomingly slightly more German.

I don't mind the Reventon, but it is priced ridiculously, even with regard to ridiculously priced cars go. If I had unlimited funds, I don't see what more I could possibly want out of car than what I'd get out of a Ferrari F430 or 430 Scuderia.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen. A lot of the switchgear in the Lamborghini cabin is the same as what you find on an Audi. I don't think this is a bad thing, however. Before VW took over, Lamborghini cars were not particularly reliable or finely finished cars. Morever, Audi interiors are some of the nicest on the market, regardless of price. To my mind, Laborghini has only benefited from becomingly slightly more German.

I don't mind the Reventon, but it is priced ridiculously, even with regard to ridiculously priced cars go. If I had unlimited funds, I don't see what more I could possibly want out of car than what I'd get out of a Ferrari F430 or 430 Scuderia.

For what the price of the Lambo, you can get an Enzo (well, when the Enzo was still being made). And the Enzo is a far, far better car, in every sense of the word.

Jon.

4. mafoofan

For what the price of the Lambo, you can get an Enzo (well, when the Enzo was still being made). And the Enzo is a far, far better car, in every sense of the word.

Jon.

Oh, I don't disagree that the Enzo is a vastly superior sportscar. But the Lamborghini is more luxurious and comfortable in daily driving--not that you'd really need it for that if you've got $1m+ to spend on a car. I like the Enzo better, but they were built with somewhat different functions in mind.

The F430 is still on the edge of daily usability while easily outperforming any Lamborghini. It's also available while the Enzo isn't.

5. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are you getting one? It will look great with "Just Married" written on it...

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Does anybody with a penis longer than three inches even consider buying a supercar? I mean, the Enzo, this Lambo etc, they are all ugly as sin. Why would anybody bother?

On top of the ugliness, I would be mortified to be seen in one of these things.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Does anybody with a penis longer than three inches even consider buying a supercar? I mean, the Enzo, this Lambo etc, they are all ugly as sin. Why would anybody bother?

Well, they are fast for one. And if you track them, they can be a lot of fun indeed. Fro street driving, if you know what you are doing, taking a fast turn in a Ferrari is an experience that will put a smile on your face.

But I agree, the F430 is perfect, no need to step up to the Enzo. I think the Reventon and Enzo look good. Not amazing like say a 1937 MB 540K Spezial-Roadster, but you can't have everything...

Jon.

8. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

I'd just go with an Aston DB9 Volante if I could afford anything in that range.
    [​IMG]
    I don't see anything small-penised about it [​IMG]

JB

9. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

[​IMG] With mid-engines it seems they're just buying the vagina, one could do much better in the search for an automotive cock. [​IMG]

10. RJman

Don't you drive a Porsche?

11. itsstillmatt

Don't you drive a Porsche?
    Yes, and I consider it one of my great mistakes [​IMG]. I am looking forward to carlessness.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Yes, and I consider it one of my great mistakes [​IMG]. I am looking forward to carlessness.

Which Porsche? What's the problem with it?

Jon

13. itsstillmatt

Which Porsche? What's the problem with it?

Jon

Cayman. It's fine and a nice car, it just isn't me. I don't get the whole sportscar thing.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Cayman. It's fine and a nice car, it just isn't me. I don't get the whole sportscar thing.

I bet she turns on a dime though, no?

Jon.

15. RJman

Does anybody with a penis longer than three inches even consider buying a supercar?
    Cayman. .
    So we talking what, 2.5, 2.75 inches?

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

[​IMG]

17. mafoofan

I bet she turns on a dime though, no?

Jon.

A Cayman S is my dream car. Barring that, a Lotus Elise. Barring that, a Honda S2000.

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

A Cayman S is my dream car.

Could it have killed Porsche to add a LSD option?

Jon.

19. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Can I have it then? I promise to take great care of it. [​IMG]

20. RJman

Can I have it then? I promise to take great care of it. [​IMG]
    ... [​IMG]