• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lambertson Truex, any familiarity?

effang

Reaction score
Lambertson Truex is a leather maker. they have some of their goods selling in Saks and other high-end retail stores. Does anybody have familiarity with the quality of their goods? Their items are priced extremely high for a non-standard designer label.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...1379&ev19=1:10

Thanks!

tbone226

Reaction score
I have a wallet and briefcase from them. Both items have held up nicely.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a really cool pair of cognac full brogues from them. I love them.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My LT case...
inlove.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
inlove.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gilt will be selling some LT items next week. Hopefully they'll have a nice selection.

Orange

Reaction score
I think socal should let us know if they'll have a duffel or a weekender.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gilt's sale started about 20 minutes ago. There's a good selection of weekend travel bags, totes, messengers, and accessories, but no briefcases.
frown.gif

Great prices though.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've got lots of LT stuff (including a messenger bag and a weekender in the same grained chocolate leather as aportnoy above) and it's top notch. It's one of, if not the best, "value to quality" brands out there, IMO, at least for the menswear items. Simple, minimal styling without overt branding, good full-grain leathers and sturdy canvasses, and nice hardware and detailing. Retail Prices are in the neighborhood of Coach (or slightly less), but there is no comparison for quality... LT blows them out of the water and often uses better materials than the Euro brands (Gucci, Prada, Valentino) while being 1/2 or even 1/3 the price. They also have sales at Bloomingdales, Saks, etc., at which times you can get them half off and they are an absolute steal.
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
They mostly make women's products
As of 2003 or so, they actually also have a full men's collection, from belts to shoes to bags. Nevertheless, I'm sure that (as you mentioned) most of their revenue still comes from their more expensive women's bags.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Gilt's sale started about 20 minutes ago. There's a good selection of weekend travel bags, totes, messengers, and accessories, but no briefcases.
frown.gif

I was disappointed about that too. Especially since the email they sent to signal the start of the sale has a picture of a nice black briefcase... Talking about bait and switch....

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pebbled leather and canvas messenger I got from bluefly about a year or so ago. It's really well made, and is definitely worthy of the retail. I'm really happy I got it for 50% off, and would definitely buy it again (and would probably pay retail if I had to....). The leather is super soft, and the canvas is also soft but strong. All the stitching (contrast stitching) seems to be done perfectly, and just seems very well put together overall. Everything about it is just excellent in terms of quality. As far as rugged, I'm not too sure honestly. They are really nice, but I the one I have at least is made more for an office environment. Perhaps they offer more rugged bags (I have no idea...), but I can't comment a ton on their durability. The one I have though was what I used to take my laptop to college every day, and through various traveling, and it's held up very well. As far as I know there is no visible damage to the bag at all yet (though to be fair, I'm pretty gentle with my laptop bags for obvious reasons...). Also a note: Richard Lambertson was Design Director at Gucci for a while, before leaving and forming Lambertson Truex, so he's familiar with high end products (if Gucci can even be labeled as that any more...). I also know they pride themselves on being they same or better quality as as Gucci, Prada, Bottega Veneta, Dior, etc but are just under priced. How true that is is left to the consumer, but I don't think it's far off. They also don't advertise at all, so if you haven't heard of them that could be the reason. The company is also based in the USA!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Edit: This thread just inspired me to buy a LT wallet off of gilt. $50 referal credit + gilt price = 78% off retail ($58 total). Can't beat that.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads