• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lamb Rib Chops

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, I decided to start a new thread instead of continuing in the Thanksgiving one. I decided to order Lamb Rib chops instead of a turkey for thanksgiving cook off, because:

1. We arent eating at my house for thanksgiving so no need for big meal that needs ton of prep work.
2. I wont be cooking until saturday

So I decided to buy about 5 pounds worth of Lamb rib chops (enough for 6ppl meal and a few more to practice with before hand), what do you guys suggest as recipes for them?

I'm thinking of possibly using the grill depending on the weather so I could grill them and maybe some veggies. Whether I used the stove top, stove or grill I'm thinking of doing something with potatoes and maybe bell peppers, spinach or greens of some sort.

I'm no where near a cooking pro so in terms of mixing flavors or coming up with an idea off the top of my head I'm out of my element. So simple succulent recipes would be helpful

Also some wine choices would be nice too ($20 max plz)!

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
preheat oven to 400 F. Place ovenproof skillet on stove on medium heat. place saucepan on stove over medium heat.

in a ziplock, combine 1 cup flour w/ 1/2 pepper and 1/2 garlic powder. close and mix well. Add chops (a few at a time) - shake well to coat and place on a plate.

in a sauce pan, add 1 onion, sliced - saute until soft. add 1 carrot, diced - saute. add 1 cup mushrooms and 1/2 bell pepper. saute until soft. add 2 cloves of garlic and fresh rosemary. add 1 cup red wine (a nice cabernet) and reduce by 1/2 -2/3. Add 2 cups of chicken or beef or pork stock and simmer on medium low for 20-25 min.

meanwhile, in skillet, add 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil to coat. saute chops for 3 minutes on each side to brown. place fresh rosemary into skillet and place in oven for 12 min. for med. rare to 20 min for medium well.

remove chops from skillet and plate. strain sauce and add 1tbsp butter. whisk and serve with a dollop on each chop.

whomewhat

Reaction score
The secret is in the marinade and slow cooking.

Marinade for the Lamb(at least overnight, preferably 24 hours)

2 TBSP chopped garlic
1 1/2 TBSP Greek oregano
1 TBSP Greek savory
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp freshly gorund black pepper
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
juice of one lemon

Place lamb and marinade into baking pan and tightly seal. Bake at 195 degrees (very low heat) for 4 hours to tenderize. Remove from pan and let chill (to keep it from falling apart). Then grill on the barbecue to flavor and brown, about two minutes each side.

Not only will the adults love this, but my finicky kids love it. Enjoy!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THanks for the suggestions, Im leaning towards Dirk's idea, however I came up with one more idea.

How about SautÃ
00a9.png
ed red potatoes (sliced, halved?), stuffed mushrooms (stuffing with sautÃ
00a9.png
ed peppers? If so where can I get big enough mushrooms?), then in this case what to do with the Chops (broil? With what?)? I believe I'm cooking for about 6 people so I'm thinking two chops each.

I came up with the above so careful with trashing the idea
musicboohoo[1].gif

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you already bought the chops? Are they separated? If so, I'd go for a Mediterranean or Provencal marinade, then grill them. If you can buy the lamb in the form of crown roasts, consider going that way. It's easy to sear the crown, then finish it in the oven. The presentation is great.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah i've already bought them. They were separated.

I think I may go with this recipe:

8 lamb chops
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
PREPARATION:
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Brush over the surface of the chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Preheat grill. Grill chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes total.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka