1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"Lama wool" on coat tag = Alpaca ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fredrik80, Oct 8, 2006.

1. fredrik80

fredrik80 Senior member

I tried on a fantastic black coat earlier today, in 90% Lama-wool, 10% merino-wool and it looked almost like velvet with amazing luster and the fabric was smooth as cashmere.
    The tag inside just said "Lama-wool", is this the same as Alpaca or can it be another llama-family animal ?

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

llamas and alpacas are two different animals but I don't know if that is what the tag is saying. Alpaca fur is much better than llama fur.

3. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

According to Llamapaedia:

4. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

I don't think it's accurate when people say that alpaca is lama's redneck cousin, so to speak. I own an alpaca polo by Missoni, and it's plenty refined. Athough the obscene price tag might have something to do with that.