• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Laid off due to sub prime

Donald

Reaction score
has anyone been laid off recently because of sub prime? I was laid off yesterday from a decent foreign exchange sales position at RBC Capital markets.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Parts of my department have been laid off over the last couple of months, I expect the rest to go before the year is out.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donald
has anyone been laid off recently because of sub prime? I was laid off yesterday from a decent foreign exchange sales position at RBC Capital markets.

Sorry to hear that. You in Toronto right?

Donald

Reaction score
Thank You! Congratulations on your new job. Are u in finance?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donald

Sorry to hear about your job loss. How does the US sub-prime debacle get a Canadian FX guy laid off? Is the demand for FX down that much due to this?

ThinkandDrive

Reaction score
That is really a shame, Donald.

You know, it's really a kick in the pants that decent, responsible people should be so f'ed over because so many people were ignorant and irresponsible about their own affairs.

It's shocking how far-reaching this whole thing is.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkandDrive
It's shocking how far-reaching this whole thing is.
I don't think we've seen the full extent of this yet.

And Donald, I feel for you, man.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I don't think we've seen the full extent of this yet.

+1
patch[1].gif

Jon.

emptym

Reaction score
My brother was laid off from a banking job a few weeks ago, but then was rehired by the same company at a better position--one he would have been up for 2 yrs from now if he'd remained in his old job.

Donald

Reaction score
The Canadian banks have a lot of exposure to sub prime. When the economy contracts less fx transactions are made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads