• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ladies' tailoring in HK

tazmaniac

Reaction score
Not per se an MC topic, but I'd still like to put this up for the broad SF community:

Can anyone recommend ladies' tailors in HK, particularly for dresses, not business wear?

Thx! Taz

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just about every men's tailor in HK will make business wear for women, but I have no idea who will make dresses...I think you will have better luck in Shanghai or Beijing. I heard there are lots of places that is capable of copying anything you bring them.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not to be too much of a WW Chan fanboy, but I've used them recently for my girlfriend with good results. They do dresses and gowns as well. If you are prepared to pay a hefty chunk for a superb good cocktail dress or gown, PM me, I have an illustrious friend who recently started her own shop.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey yf - not to threadjack, but you're referring to Irene Fashions, correct? How is their work in your view for female business attire, particularly when it comes to fit? I was trying to convince a lady friend of mine in HK to give them a try, but had no real basis to support my case.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yus indeed Spatlese, it was Irene Fashions. The order was for a shawl and overcoat, the shawl isn't completed yet but the overcoat has turned out extremely well. Irene Fashions will use fusing for some garments but full canvassing for others. In our case, it was more appropriate to use canvassing. Fit is good though I haven't had a chance to have a closer inspection. She keeps wanting the sleeves longer though

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40