• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ladies help! need hair advice...

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crowley11
I could do with some opinions from the ladies on what my face shape is and what hair would compliment my face shape, atm its like 1" all over at the moment. I thought my face was "oblong", but apparently not so my cheekbones just past my eyes across the bridge of my nose are 6", my jaw is frickin 9 1/2"!
. Forhead is practically 8" when I go right to the hairline (width), while my face lengh is also 8", I have so far had the typical barbers advice that crew cut, and ivy league are the way to go for me, but when I proposed I go for a medium or a shaggy style even, says it would make my face appear round not oval. So I need a womens advice,btw I have a bridge piercing in the pic, no need to tell me to get rid, I kind of did, left it out overnight by mistake (facepalm), also please be honest. I don't know if my face is too large for a shorter cut, or if my faceshape even suits longer more layered styles, but I feel the shaved back and sides can look quite aggressive at times, I also think I have a long neck at 6 1/2" from collar-bone to where the ear starts, I'm 5'10, and lost about ten pounds lately so I'm like 150ibs, usually somewhere around 160. Do shorter cuts look out of place on slimmer/smaller guys? To me my forehead appears quite large. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated
- here's the links to a few photos where I have tried to determine general face shape: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...1/P1261017.jpg http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...1/P1261022.jpg http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...1/P1261020.jpg

Ladies... what ladies?
Edit: that bridge piercing is fucking with the way your eyes look. Gives them the effect of having really odd spacing. Get your septum pierced if you have to do something to show unique and hard you are. Better to look like you need to wipe your nose than like a fish...

crowley11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Ladies... what ladies?

omfg (facepalm)
thought this was a unisex site didnt I (facepalm again)

my condolances....

dont suppose you people (dudes) cn give your advice then?..

crowley11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Ladies... what ladies?

Edit: that bridge piercing is fucking with the way your eyes look. Gives them the effect of having really odd spacing. Get your septum pierced if you have to do something to show unique and hard you are. Better to look like you need to wipe your nose than like a fish...

I will bare that in mind however I think you will find the eye spacing has more to do with the close camera shots. BTW what the hell does a piercing have to do with looking hard or unique even?? contradiciting the situation a bit seeing as im here for hairstyle advice lol.

also.. my arent we a bit presumptious? I didnt ask for piercing advice if I wanted that I would have gone to a fucking piercing forum thank you dickhead!

crowley11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
WTF is that thing between your eyes?

Are you retarded OP?

not as retarded as those fucking boots.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep the piercing OP; it suits your personality well.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crowley11
not as retarded as those fucking boots.

I still look more of a man than you with that retarded looking nose thing.

I thought this was a girl thread, but instead saw pics of a retard.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey now, what's with all the retard language getting thrown around?

dude, the bar thing does look pretty silly and honestly looks inconsistent with your look (normal)

crowley11

Reaction score
I still look more of a man than you with that retarded looking nose thing.

I thought this was a girl thread, but instead saw pics of a retard.

The only thing that is retarded is coming to a thread and commenting about something that is irrelevant to what was asked, if you have a problem/or just dont have anything of value to contribute wouldnt it be better to move on to another thread, in other words why not actually "fuck"!- the fuck off.

I thought this a forum for both sexes, seems Google doesnt get everything right, I am now informed it is male only, but see its rather plagued by arrogant metrosexual fad loving pricks like you.

Good day.

crowley11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
hey now, what's with all the retard language getting thrown around?

dude, the bar thing does look pretty silly and honestly looks inconsistent with your look (normal)

Like I said Ill bare that in mind, all I really want opinions on is whether I would look better with longer hair or sticking with more crew cut sorta length when choosing, maybe even a medium shag cut would work in my favour? but I dont know because of my super square jawline. I just dont understand why people have to be so rude and obnoxious about the whole thing, opinions are like assholes everyones got one.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be serious for once. First of all, why did you put ladies help in your thread title. You are just asking for it. Secondly doesn't matter what you do with your hair, that nose bridge piercing will make you look ridiculous.

crowley11

Reaction score
I'll be serious for once. First of all, why did you put ladies help in your thread title. You are just asking for it. Secondly doesn't matter what you do with your hair, that nose bridge piercing will make you look ridiculous.

It may look ridiculous to you,
and yeah you got me on the thread title, but everybody seems to be neglecting the fact that I asked about hair, and face shape......
I can lose the piercing anytime I like (assuming I wanted to), but no one seems to want to pay attention to the actual post entry.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your look is perceived by others. You might think it looks great, it really doesn't. What do you do for a living? Again doesn't matter what hair you have, people's eyes will automatically focus on your nose bridge piercing ignoring what the rest of your face/head looks like.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.