1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lacoste sizing and fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bryan9416, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Bryan9416

Bryan9416 Member

All the measurements I can find for Lacoste polo shirts seem to make me think the fit is a little larger than most brands. My general casual polos are small size (I like a slimmer fit) in brands such as A+DAM, BR, Express, and RL can anyone without doubt recommend the matching size in Lacoste? I live in OKC, OK so finding decent clothes to try on isn't always fun with typical time constraints and my laziness of course. After reading this it sounds like I need to buy more than polos since I have tons for casual wear so any other style suggestions are welcome.

2. gregory

gregory Senior Member

Size 4 most probably.

3. Dill

Dill Senior Member

They do fit larger. I typically wear a medium, but I wear a small in lacoste. Maybe you should try an extra small?

4. Material Boy

Material Boy Senior Member

A Polo Ralph Lauren Small will translate into a Size 4 in Lacoste. Size 3 is very hard to find and you should also keep in mind that Lacoste will SHRINK if you put it into a dryer. Shrinkage is the main reason why Lacoste shirts tend to cut big comparing to some of its competitors.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I wear a small in every shirt, except for Lacoste, in which I would be wearing a size 2 (if they made it). I recommend you do not get a Lacoste polo if you normally wear a small, because even a size 3 (XS) is equivalent to a medium.