Lacoste polo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jul 11, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I just bought my first Lacoste Polo yesterday, and I have a question regarding drying. According to the label, the shirt should not be tumble dried. Whilst, I use a (tumble) dryer to dry clothes, it is set on the lowest setting.

Has anyone tumble dried their Lacoste Polo' sand if so, did it have any adverse effects? Or can I use the drier without any problems?

Jon.

2. TCN

TCN Senior member

My wife threw a Lacoste polo of mine into the dryer, and the vertical shrinkage was considerable (bordering on comedic). Now that was of course with heat. I'm no expert on this, but I would imagine that air drying the garment (no heat at all) would be safe.

3. jrh

jrh Well-Known Member

I have washed and dried several Lacostes many times. I have experienced little shrinkage after warm wash and normal dry cycles.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I had that happen with a Ted Baker shirt of mine...it really shrunk vertically. Now I can only wear it tucked in, and not out as I originally intended.

I don't want that to happen to my Lacoste. Plus, I want to buy more Lacoste Polo's (I like a tight-slim fit (early 80's yuppie fitted look), so I purchase a kids size 16 and it fit just like a men's "ËśRetro' size 3, but it costs $20 less), but I want to make sure I can throw it in the wash along with everything else.

Jon.