• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste Polo Help!

princetonguy16

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm currently looking at buying some Lacoste polos online (there isn't a Lacoste store near my town). I'm about 5'9"-5'10" and pretty thin, and I have a few small RL polos that seem to kind of drape over me and seem kind of long and oversized with regard to their length. I also have broad shoulders. I was curious: what size of Lacoste would be the best fit for me? I've heard that they can be larger in the chest but smaller in length at times, so I'm trying to figure out which will be the best fit. In particular, I'm debating between an XS and a S (3 or 4 in European sizes). I don't really want it to be so small in length to the point where I am showing some skin whenever I bend over or sit down. Oh yeah, I'm also looking at the slim fit and not the classic fit. So how does the slim fit compare in considering XS v. S? I know I can always send them back if I order the wrong size, but I prefer not to have to go through the hassle. Could you guys provide some tips? Thanks in advance.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want slim fit, get a 3. size 4 in Lacoste is Medium, fits 40" chest (loose on me, 38" chest)

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're in Princeton NJ the Macy's at Quakerbridge Mall carries Lacoste...

princetonguy16

Reaction score
Hey, great thanks! I'm actually not in Princeton yet; I'll be going there in the fall. Until then, I have to rough it with online shopping.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads