• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Labels like A.P.C.?

aclosedbox

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could point me to some labels similar to A.P.C. in focus and price range...I really like A.P.C.'s simplistic (deconstructed?) style with focus on cut and fabric and no branding. I know, the pricing seems way off for some pieces...but really since I realized that I'm starting to go head-to-toe APC some days, which is something I don't really like (when a whole outfit, mine or someone else's, is all the same brand/label/designer), that I need to diversify! But I love the aesthetic and want to find something on the same page.

Really the similarities in design/cut are what I am looking for...quality fabrics would also be nice...and price points in APC range or lower...it doesn't have to perfectly match what I'm looking for, I'm just looking for some suggestions to look at that may appeal to me
smile.gif
so please suggest away!

Thanks!

confab

Reaction score
Maybe check out Zara and Filippa K.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zara is spotty. Filippa K is closer.

Our Legacy is APCish. Lots of Swedish brands are APCish. Maybe Agnes B.

flatfront

Reaction score
Albam in the UK has a similar yet more British aesthetic. Well made simple basics.

aclosedbox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flatfront
Albam in the UK has a similar yet more British aesthetic. Well made simple basics.

This is very interesting...exchange rates are steep but they have some tempting things. Have you ever tried their egyptian cotton t's?

And Filippa K and Agnes B make some workable stuff as well
smile.gif

Does anyone have any experience with club monaco? In terms of fit and fabric?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is fine. Fabric is often poop. Design is all over. Not APC but not bad overall for a mall brand.

flatfront

Reaction score
Re Albam,
The tees are fantastic in terms of quality right up there with Sunspel. Initially the fit was a little off but they have sorted this now and their V-neck tees are easily my fave.
I like the approach of the label too WRT to support of old school manufacturers rather than out-sourcimg.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
I second the recommendation for swedish brands (and definitely Agnes B <3). In addition to Filippa K and Our Legacy, you might look into Velour, Acne, Peter Jensen and Siv Stoldal.

Oh, and maybe Surface To Air and YMC.

flashback

Reaction score
I buy a lot of club monaco stuff... I find plenty of stuff that I like and that fits well, although lately I have noticed more stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead wearing. They used to have zero branding, now they have some weird amjackish gothic-style logo and they're starting to put it on some of the clothes. As long as you stay away from that there is decent stuff to be found there. Like someone else said, pretty good for a mall brand.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
believe it or not, if you buy a nice piece from almost anywhere that has no visible logos, and the cut is toward fitted but not slim, I have a hard time believing that it can't be worked into your A.P.C.ish style.

if you are in NYC, try some of the more drab colors from Uniqlo. Otherwise J crew is not unlike A.P.C. when you think about it, and it can be had for a much lower price when it's on sale. A.P.C. pants will definitely be more flattering though.

aclosedbox

Reaction score
ah miniw you are exactly right...some of my stuff is j crew that i had tailored a bit. and the best thing about apc has always been the pants in my opinion, in addition to their drab but still interesting colors. all of these suggestions have resulted in a new bookmark or two...Albam and Surface 2 Air in particular! You guys are incredibly helpful
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads