• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

La Vera Sartoria Napoletana / Orazio Luciano - quality?

Stugotes

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was wondering what your opinions on the quality of La Vera Sartoria Napoletana stuff are? The jackets show up a lot on the Armoury blogs and other members of this forum, so I was wondering whether they're worth the price. A shop in my city offers trunk shows with the guys (Orazio and Pino Luciano) and I really like their cut.

I saw a strange other forum a few days ago where some raging dude went wild in a obscure manner how the Lucianos sold him glued jackets and whatnot. He seemed like a maniac, but before spending a lot of money I'd like to go sure there's nothing to these accusations.

Stugotes

Reaction score
Anybody?

Yorker

Reaction score
I've had two pass through my hands, and they are excellent. I would compare the quality to kiton or brioni. Really it doesn't get much better. I think its a very flattering cut, much more so than many of kiton or brioni's stuff. The only upside to the other two is that they will frequently have more luxe fabrics, but after the shine wears off cut and fit matter most. Had i the money I'd get a ton of it.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had two pass through my hands, and they are excellent. I would compare the quality to kiton or brioni. Really it doesn't get much better. I think its a very flattering cut, much more so than many of kiton or brioni's stuff. The only upside to the other two is that they will frequently have more luxe fabrics, but after the shine wears off cut and fit matter most. Had i the money I'd get a ton of it.

I am sorry but Kiton where Orazio was kicked out by a very nasty thing all Naples knows and i can´t write do not do fused jackets, and Brioni either.

This are proves of what happened to me, dedicated to a poster who can´t handle the truth and calls me maniac.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/67010/double-breasted-style/1860

pasting;

post #1862 of 1889
1 week, 2 days ago

• SartodiNapoli
  • badge_senior.v3341773643.png
Quote:

I strongly can´t recommend you it, i took a video, opened market for them, and what they do is FUSED and then disguise as sartorial. They do not do the pattern to each customer, but cut all in standart sizes and then recut for the customer ( and very bad), this doesn´t allows to rotate the armhole, give more cms to curved people that gives a gapped collar effect,etc. Even the lining that was put on my Holland & Sherry a S160 was polyester, ( i spent a lot on a very transpirable fabric, and they kill it sewing a Wallmart plastic bag as lining) and tried to convince me, and an Ex Borrelli tailor who drove me there, that was cupro.

Pay attention to this crime, to save 10 cms of fabric, they cutted twisted the sleeves of my jacket, see how are out of pitch, and the stripe of the shoulder, do not follows to the mid finger, as has to be, the antitailoring. They dissapointed me a lot, and their jacket was handled by tons of master tailors of Kiton( where i can´t tell the history why Orazio says he went out of Kiton by his own, but the truth is another more shady)

Note, i visited his tailoring place several times, only when we got to record the video he let me enter on the factory. I realiced later was because he didn´t want me to see his fusing bed, he wisely hided when i recorded the video, and he even put an "actor" to say, we do each pattern by hand. Why they do not as all Naples know, also just a few of his sewers are Italian by extracomunitarian nationalities, very shady.

Believe me and find other mtm or real tailor instead, if he did this crime for a person who made him famous on several countries and was hooking him to several shops ( me, and i am verry sorry for my fault), what he could deliver to an annonymous client?
Beware of the brand as is only a forum and internet fenomenon, that by any reason can represent the Neapolitan tailoring.

As was said on Kiton, is an Hugo Boss fused with Neapolitan lapels and fabrics.

See the lapel of him how it makes a pleat on the half, as a clear FUSED ( even on QG was an article saying it)

See how he recuts and see what he sent me, this not my size jacket after he measured me several times.

See it on our High Tailoring school ( where this Orazio called for help my grandmaster, and he always gave him excuses, as this Orazio has been blacklisted for decades on Naples, and no one could work with him after what he did on Kiton and to the owner)

The jacket has been inspected even by Maresca on his house, and he told me was a vomiting fused crime.

My Jacket, see the poor shoulder he denied to fix.

MY JACKET;

POOR JACKET ON HIM

HIS JACKET ON OUR SCHOOL MANEKIN (SEE THE SLEEVES)

CROOKED OUT OF PITCH SLEEVES WITH TWISTED PINSTRIPES TO SAVE 10 CM OF FABRIC . BAD BUTTON STANCE, THE FRONT PART SHOULD BE MORE FORWARD TO FIT ME, CRIME!

NOTE THE FOLD ON THE LAPEL, DUE TO OBVIOUS FUSING.

Proves of what he does, to recut to adapt poorly to the client from standart sizes
( what he did to me and even did BAD and refused to fix it)

HORRIBLE POORLY DONE

MY JACKET, HOW HE SHIPED IT

His jacket opened on our High Tailoring class, NOTE THE BLACK PLASTIC PNEUMATIC TIRE LIKE FUSED CANVAS. CONFIRMED BY THE ELITE OF NEAPOLITAN TAILORS WHO INSPECTED THIS CRIME;

NOTE; Several shops who worked with him, returned several full seasons due to poor quality and bad fit or got to sold at deep discounted prices as Orazio denied to take them back, incluiding a big one that sells on the Internet. Most of the European shops have cancelled him for the same.

Is my moral duty as always to help people avoiding this, and the worst of all, they are called the " real " Neapolitan Sartoria,. ( vera; real)

Edited by SartodiNapoli - 1/25/15 at 1:03am

FS; Carlo Barbera offers and full collection;
http://www.styleforum.net/t/376380/carlo-barbera-wool-linen-silk-mohair-offers-january-2014

For Sale:Bespoke Neapolitan 7 fold ties
€75(EURO)

For Sale: FS; CARLO BARBERA NOVEMBERII, MOHAIR,OVERCOAT CASHMERE, S180
€50 (EURO)

For Sale:DECEMBER CARLO BARBERA OFFERS, CASHMERE OVERCOATS,SILK
€50

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was wondering what your opinions on the quality of La Vera Sartoria Napoletana stuff are? The jackets show up a lot on the Armoury blogs and other members of this forum, so I was wondering whether they're worth the price. A shop in my city offers trunk shows with the guys (Orazio and Pino Luciano) and I really like their cut.

I saw a strange other forum a few days ago where some raging dude went wild in a obscure manner how the Lucianos sold him glued jackets and whatnot. He seemed like a maniac, but before spending a lot of money I'd like to go sure there's nothing to these accusations.

For what its worth, I picked a La Vera Satoria Napoletana Cashmere sportscoat. My Tailor (row heritage & does full bespoke) opened it up, and I asked him about the quality - he seemed thoroughly impressed with the quality. I didnt ask him for comps, but i'd imagine it was similar to oxxford, kiton, attolini etc. in terms of quality. Now, with respect to fit, from the MTM process, I guess thats a bit tougher to say.

hippotamus

Reaction score
Want to thrill an ambrosi pant to see what the fuss is all about...then came across this....it say Ethan Newton, is he the one from Armoury ?

Stugotes

Reaction score
Probably. And 800 USD plus 80 USD shipping for a pair of used pants, wtf?! Where do they ship from, the moon?

Or is it a suit? The pictures only show pants.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy any reason buy Orazio Luciano.

You have been warned.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven’t the slightest clue what the man above is attempting to communicate...but if I ventured a guess, it’d seem we differ in opinion.

I own multiple Orazio’s, both jackets and suits. To keep this short - - quality wise, they’re nothing short of exceptional. If the cut suits you as well as it does me, you’ll be most pleased.

If you’re stateside, I recommend Gentlemen’s Footwear.

hippotamus

Reaction score
Probably. And 800 USD plus 80 USD shipping for a pair of used pants, wtf?! Where do they ship from, the moon?

Or is it a suit? The pictures only show pants.

Thanks, I am still communicating with the buyer but I believe it is an Orazio's jacket and an Ambrosi's pants.
In addition I am checking on the sizing, if they are really originally for Ethan than I doubt my size can carry them...

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AVOID THAT FUSED CRAP! PERIOD

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do your comments include rtw Orazio offered online
by Sartoriale and Shop the Finest?

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do your comments include rtw Orazio offered online
by Sartoriale and Shop the Finest?

I do not know the quality of the garments made for those, I guess is the same, but can say you other shop as famous as that, now based on Miami, returned a full order by the same awful quality Orazio made for me.

What can you expect from someone who was kicked out of Kiton by stealing fabrics and full suits?

What can you expect from someone who hides the fusing machine the day bloggers visit him, and do not let anyone enter any other day, because the machine is not hiden anymore, but he even dares to say “all suits are sewn by hand”.

Psychopathy is called.

You have been warned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads