• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Times: How Douchey Jeans Are Made

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she wrote that jeans were fashion-forward i don't get how you could come to this idea

NeopreneJeans

Reaction score
she wrote that jeans were fashion-forward i don't get how you could come to this idea

That's pretty much the go-to phrase for journalists explaining something in fashion they don't understand / approve of.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First off , Blaster your ascetics are yours alone.. Secondly, I think the article did a great job of explaining the wash process without getting overly detailed while entertaining the reader.
Adriano is a great guy with great vision and is a well respected figure in the fashion and denim industry.

Blaster, you might not like the Brands Adriano has helped make successful but it doesn't give you the right to speak badly about him or the compaines mentioned int he article. A lot of the jeans you think are worth while are around because of Adriano and people of his caliber.
He was washing jeans before you were probably walking.

The forum is a good place to learn and express ideas but it's just not cool to write what you think is "absurd" when you don't know **** about the denim industry.

Last edited:

srgprod

Reaction score

First off , Blaster your ascetics are yours alone.. Secondly, I think the article did a great job of explaining the wash process without getting overly detailed while entertaining the reader.
Adriano is a great guy with great vision and is a well respected figure in the fashion and denim industry.

Blaster, you might not like the Brands Adriano has helped make successful but it doesn't give you the right to speak badly about him or the compaines mentioned int he article. A lot of the jeans you think are worth while are around because of Adriano and people of his caliber.
He was washing jeans before you were probably walking.

The forum is a good place to learn and express ideas but it's just not cool to write what you think is "absurd" when you don't know **** about the denim industry.

+ 1 Big Time. Way to go Mauro! It's so easy to talk **** on these forums, esp. when you don't know the facts.

AtrocityVector

Reaction score

The idea of some poor **** in a warehouse grinding down a new pair of jeans to make them look "authentic" is absurd.

Agree that they're **** but I'd rather see all the guidos and people with no taste wearing these than slim raws.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree that they're **** but I'd rather see all the guidos and people with no taste wearing these than slim raws.

Well, the guidos and Mauro. They go great with an Ed Hardy t-shirt.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, Thank you, Uncontrol . you are correct.

Blaster,
Your out of line and you know NOTHING and it shows in your post.

Last edited:

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
I would be open to prewashed denim if they looked as good, brand new, as reputable raw denims look at any stage in their life cycle. The problem is... I haven't found any washed denim brands that achieve this.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jean Shop, Dior.

dsoren

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of AG or Diesel, but there is some great washed denim out there. As cyc mentioned, Jean Shop and Dior are great; I'm a huge fan of R13 as well. RRL has some great washes, Rag & Bone, Robert Geller, Simon Miller, even Baldwin now...

There is ****** washed denim out there, just like there is ****** raw denim out there. The idea that raw is the only way to go is stupid as hell.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
G is a front runner in development. Koo's ( sp) is one of the few companies that is completely vertical. There is a fit for almost everyone. I use to wear a pair of jeans that wear washed 8 oz supima cotton until I ripped them. The wear great for Summer in D.C.

AtrocityVector- Can you please explain to all of us why the jeans are ****? You can start with Diesel and AG.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think so. However, no one gives an answer. I am hoping that AtrocityVector or Blaster will enlighten us with some facts so we can put this topic to bed , once and for all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads