LA Stores

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cbrokaw, Jul 14, 2006.

1. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

More like til the 30th.

i thought in store was until the 16th

2. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

so supposedly there's a store called "World Denim" opening next to American Rag (?)....don't know anything about it tho. Would be sweet if it were indeed a "world denim" since Japan is a part of this world, last I checked

Oh, that could be trouble. I don't think my kid will eat for the first few years of its life. You think I'm joking.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Oh, that could be trouble. I don't think my kid will eat for the first few years of its life. You think I'm joking.

a man needs to have his priorities straight. sounds like you do.

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

So.. I went to American Rag on Saturday and asked a bit about World Denim. It is an extention to their store, so I guess all of the denim stuff will go in there. The lady mentioned they'd have like 25 brands I think. I asked if they'd carry any of the Japanese stuff and she asked for an example, I came up with Sugarcane (probably not the best example) and she'd never heard of it. So... I don't think we'll be getting our Blue in Green West anytime soon.

5. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

http://denimnews.blogspot.com/

Man, that's insane. Looks like some decent brands too, like Kapital... which I believe coldrice brought up as having something similar to the Jomon's.

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I asked if they'd carry any of the Japanese stuff and she asked for an example, I came up with Sugarcane (probably not the best example) and she'd never heard of it. So... I don't think we'll be getting our Blue in Green West anytime soon.

huh, how disappointing. You'd think they'd want to represent esoteric Japanese denim, but it sounds like they'll have every Evisu model under the sun

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Does anyone know about the pod thing? Sounds very gimmicky. If it's anything like the thing at levis in Santa Monica, it's a total crock. On-site custom washes sound cool though.

8. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

huh, how disappointing. You'd think they'd want to represent esoteric Japanese denim, but it sounds like they'll have every Evisu model under the sun

I'd be down for some gull-less Evisu :p Also, exclusive pieces from the Japanese Levi's collection could be nice too. Kapital does look very nice though, on their website (some of them at least). These look awesome, but the price does not :p

http://www.kapital.jp/standard/view.php?fCT=3&fN=2

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the Kapitals do look good, but OUCH nearly $400/pr

If they carry the Euro-only Levis, at least that would be cool. Anyways I'll be checking it out in Sept fo sho

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Does anyone know about the pod thing? Sounds very gimmicky. If it's anything like the thing at levis in Santa Monica, it's a total crock. On-site custom washes sound cool though.
    The on-site washes caught my attention, too. Hopefully it'll be open by the end of this month when I'm in town.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Did anyone notice that they're opening an AmRag/Cafe/Denim something in Fashion Island?

12. Dill

Dill Senior member

On the subject of american rag, what is up with their cheap macy's spinoff brand?

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

To be honest, I never really made a connection other than sharing the name. Is it a genuine branch-off?

14. Dill

Dill Senior member

To be honest, I never really made a connection other than sharing the name. Is it a genuine branch-off?

I really don't know... Its called American Rag CIE which is the proper name of the store.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's the same company. Why did American Rag decid to do this? I don't know exactly, but smart money says that it was for the money.