• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Sale report or "How SF took my money"

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Went to HTC and South Willard today looking to try on APC's, R&B's, and anything in between. Not that it matters now but who sells Slim Jim's in LA?

HTC: A majority of their stuff is 30% off, R&B 40%. Scott, who normally posts on here as glamroot, wasn't working but the female SA who helped was super friendly. I tried on HTC's own limited line called Stevenson Overalls. $229+30% off. Japanese selvage, no branding, no hidden rivets, but really well made with a great fit. Don't have any real measurements but I'd say it had a medium rise with a regular/slim fit through the legs and maybe 8.25"-8.5" openings. Stiffness was similar to APC and was really pretty overall in terms of indigo. Super tempted to buy but held off for South Willard's stock. They had about 10 pairs of APC's, mostly NC, and sizes 32+. RB's were mostly the rb6's although I think there might have been a rb15 in there, sizes 32+. First time trying on the rb6's and it definitely wasn't for me.

South Willard: Everything 50% except the South Willard brand jeans. Again, about 10 pairs of APC NS/NC's with nothing smaller than a 31. They had about 5 or 6 pairs of RB's, mostly the 6's and a pair of 15's, and sizes 31, 34, and maybe a 32 (if it's left. Someone was already looking for 32's while I was there). $256+50% off=My first pair of rb15's.

Advice needed:
I'm normally a 32 so I bought a 32/34. I expect some stretching but with the shrinking later I'm sure it'll be fine (opinions/advice?). I loved the stacked look with them being 34's so I'm pretty happy about my purchase.

Anyhow, I guess both sales are going on for the next few weeks. HTC at least until the end of Jan, don't know about SW.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Went to HTC and South Willard today looking to try on APC's, R&B's, and anything in between. Not that it matters now but who sells Slim Jim's in LA?

HTC: A majority of their stuff is 30% off, R&B 40%. Scott, who normally posts on here as glamroot, wasn't working but the female SA who helped was super friendly. I tried on HTC's own limited line called Stevenson Overalls. $229+30% off. Japanese selvage, no branding, no hidden rivets, but really well made with a great fit. Don't have any real measurements but I'd say it had a medium rise with a regular/slim fit through the legs and maybe 8.25"-8.5" openings. Stiffness was similar to APC and was really pretty overall in terms of indigo. Super tempted to buy but held off for South Willard's stock. They had about 10 pairs of APC's, mostly NC, and sizes 32+. RB's were mostly the rb6's although I think there might have been a rb15 in there, sizes 32+. First time trying on the rb6's and it definitely wasn't for me.

South Willard: Everything 50% except the South Willard brand jeans. Again, about 10 pairs of APC NS/NC's with nothing smaller than a 31. They had about 5 or 6 pairs of RB's, mostly the 6's and a pair of 15's, and sizes 31, 34, and maybe a 32 (if it's left. Someone was already looking for 32's while I was there). $256+50% off=My first pair of rb15's.

Advice needed:
I'm normally a 32 so I bought a 32/34. I expect some stretching but with the shrinking later I'm sure it'll be fine (opinions/advice?). I loved the stacked look with them being 34's so I'm pretty happy about my purchase.

Anyhow, I guess both sales are going on for the next few weeks. HTC at least until the end of Jan, don't know about SW.

Were those 15 selvage?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yes indeedy...

nice deal
worship.gif

This sale season has been pretty good. I've bought a shitload of jeans this sale season for low prices... Rescues for $78, SSDS for $159, Filsons for $55...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whodini, any rb6 in size 30?

Great deal on the rb15, btw.

thisisme

Reaction score
can anyone pick up rb15s or R&B's in 28x30 (not rb6's though) ?

airflight23

Reaction score
anyone know where i can find size 26 or 27 apc NS in the melrose/labrea/fairfax area ?

htc and south willard were my choices but they seem to be sold out. american rag hasnt received their shipment from what i was told.

frown.gif

nino

Reaction score
Did you see any rag&bone outerwear?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
whodini, any rb6 in size 30? Great deal on the rb15, btw.
They might have had a 30 at HTC but I don't remember anything that small at South Willard. They will ship so give them a ring: HTC: (323) 964-0080 SW: (323)-653-6153 I'd act fast on these deals. All that I saw was all they had as they're liquidating last season's stock. As far as the 28x30 pair goes, I saw nothing that low. You'll probably have to go through an online retailer for something like that. I also second airflight's question. I'd still like to try on a pair of NS since the NC I tried on was a good 20 sizes too small. What does american rag carry besides APC worth seeing?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Nice pickup, man. I expect some good pics of the fade on those RB15's... in three years, when it's reached SuFu/Steez approved status.
wink.gif

Dill

Reaction score
The RB15s are their skinniest offering, right?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nino
Did you see any rag&bone outerwear?
Sorry, I was on a jeans-only spree. Willard's got an online catalogue so I wouldn't be surprised if they did. At 50% it's worth checking out.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Nice pickup, man. I expect some good pics of the fade on those RB15's... in three years, when it's reached SuFu/Steez approved status.
wink.gif

No joke. After Feb 7th, I'm sleeping in my pair. Hell, I'll wear them under my scrubs. I'm meeting GS up for tacos on Fri so I might have to dress up in 'em. He's still gonna outclass me, but I at least I can say I tried.

thisisme

Reaction score
the last R&Bs in 28 waist i got from FP was 30" inseam though........?

anyone know how the rb15s run? on FP it says the indigos fit small but the selvedge fits TTS, but active endeavours says the indigos "run big so try a size down"

measurements of waist on the rb15s you guys picked up? thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads