1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LA Fashion District

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by soultek, Dec 20, 2006.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

Is there any way we can all get together and experience said showrooms? Styleforum L.A. meet?
    Shit, that'd be a great idea.

2. manifest v

manifest v Senior member

I agree that there is a lot of 'energy' in LA, and at the same time, Angelinos can be laid back, which I very much appreciate. I just cannot stand New Yorkers and their obnoxious 'greatest city in the whole world' mentality.

In my opinion New York is the greatest city... in the U.S. at least. I live in L.A. and have that same attitude [​IMG]

I live, work and travel with the masses instead of the middle/upper-class laid back Angelinos out there. I think that all I see is the crazy ass hustle and bustle during the day time. It's hard to see that whole laid back attitude when I don't drive a car.

Oh, getting back to the topic: where can one obtain some selvedge denim fabric from cone?

3. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

Uh, if you're seeing bands at the troubadour, there really isn't much for you after 5 in downtown.

4. whodini

whodini Senior member

Uh, if you're seeing bands at the troubadour, there really isn't much for you after 5 in downtown.
    The Smell and Cole's.

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

then late nite Ramen at Kouraku!

(and Lil Pedros on first has been having good shows here and there)

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

I forgot to mention, if you're looking for some late-night fun after a show at the Smell, check out the tranny Mexican ranchera bar across the street.

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I forgot to mention, if you're looking for some late-night fun after a show at the Smell, check out the tranny Mexican ranchera bar across the street.
    what kind of late night fun are you talikng about? try having that in HB.

8. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

I was thinking HB meant Hermosa, not Huntington. That's my bias from growing up in the South Bay.
    hermosa beach is l.a. to me, so i assumed he meant huntington beach.

hermosa beach is also maria sharapova's favorite part of l.a. don't ask why i know this.