• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L/S Sunset Shirt Reproduction

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a ton of sunset LVC shirts at the barneys outlet at the mall I work at. I don't think they warrent the 225 retail at all which may be why the outlet has a ton of them

aucociscokid

Reaction score
Thanks. They don't fit. & don't start lecturing me that, if they don't, I need to loose weight. I'm 60 y.o, and us older fellows, while healthy, have diifferent bodies than when we were younger as will you. Face it. Even the guy, Charles at History Preservation, has told Buzz Rickson they need to produce larger sized shirts, pants, jackets, etc. for an older customer. They're not historically accurate either. I want/need something bespoke for want of a better term on a Streetwear forum. Even if I weighed 400 lbs. which I'm not and wanted such a shirt: Who cares? Its a financial tranaction. I got the bucks and you provide goods & services. My bucks command your goods and services to a certain extent. Price is no object (within reason) as far as this shirt's concerned, either.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aucociscokid
Thanks. They don't fit. & don't start lecturing me that, if they don't, I need to loose weight. I'm 60 y.o, and us older fellows, while healthy, have diifferent bodies than when we were younger as will you. Face it. Even the guy, Charles at History Preservation, has told Buzz Rickson they need to produce larger sized shirts, pants, jackets, etc. for an older customer. They're not historically accurate either. I want/need something bespoke for want of a better term on a Streetwear forum. Even if I weighed 400 lbs. which I'm not and wanted such a shirt: Who cares? Its a financial tranaction. I got the bucks and you provide goods & services. My bucks command your goods and services to a certain extent. Price is no object (within reason) as far as this shirt's concerned, either.

Someone is body conscious.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never thought they were overpriced because of fit. There overpriced because of quality and construction. Also they don't make fat people sizes because they don't want too. If you want one and price isn't an issue go have one made you big fat baby.

racknac

Reaction score
60 year olds know how to use the Internet?!?!

aucociscokid

Reaction score
60 year olds invented the Internet.

Besides I'm not 60, I'm 61.

I figured I had to have one made. What do you think "bespoke" means?

Duh!

By whom?

If someone could answer my question and provide me w/the info requested that would be appreciated.

There is such a thing as sticking to the subject.

Otherwise, take 2 giant steps and go straight to 7734.

Except for maybe getting a shirt made, who cares what you think?

Cheese1

Reaction score

eh.gif

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should pm the member zissou. He had some m2m chambray shirts done by a tailor and could probably be of assistance. Otherwise-are there no tailors in your locale?

aucociscokid

Reaction score
You know what Cartman says?

Every time I make a posting about on this subject about where/how to get garments specially made such as sourcing piece goods, etc., its what happens to me here.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what Cartman says. Must be a generational disconnect.

Crooow

Reaction score
If someone could answer my question and provide me w/the info requested that would be appreciated.

Good point. Seems like the thread was on topic right up until Post #3, at which point some lunatic started ranting about who-knows-what, confusing everyone and derailing things.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
You should pm the member zissou. He had some m2m chambray shirts done by a tailor and could probably be of assistance. Otherwise-are there no tailors in your locale?

Sorry, I don't got any connections anymore. aucociscokid, try getting in touch with Al's Attire in SF...

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
60 year olds invented the Internet.

Except for maybe getting a shirt made, who cares what you think?

******* old geezers always act so ******* entitled. **** you, dad

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads