• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

L/S Sunset Shirt Reproduction

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
29
There's a ton of sunset LVC shirts at the barneys outlet at the mall I work at. I don't think they warrent the 225 retail at all which may be why the outlet has a ton of them
 

aucociscokid

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
Thanks. They don't fit. & don't start lecturing me that, if they don't, I need to loose weight. I'm 60 y.o, and us older fellows, while healthy, have diifferent bodies than when we were younger as will you. Face it. Even the guy, Charles at History Preservation, has told Buzz Rickson they need to produce larger sized shirts, pants, jackets, etc. for an older customer. They're not historically accurate either. I want/need something bespoke for want of a better term on a Streetwear forum. Even if I weighed 400 lbs. which I'm not and wanted such a shirt: Who cares? Its a financial tranaction. I got the bucks and you provide goods & services. My bucks command your goods and services to a certain extent. Price is no object (within reason) as far as this shirt's concerned, either.
 

bows1

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2008
Messages
4,750
Reaction score
6,379
Originally Posted by aucociscokid
Thanks. They don't fit. & don't start lecturing me that, if they don't, I need to loose weight. I'm 60 y.o, and us older fellows, while healthy, have diifferent bodies than when we were younger as will you. Face it. Even the guy, Charles at History Preservation, has told Buzz Rickson they need to produce larger sized shirts, pants, jackets, etc. for an older customer. They're not historically accurate either. I want/need something bespoke for want of a better term on a Streetwear forum. Even if I weighed 400 lbs. which I'm not and wanted such a shirt: Who cares? Its a financial tranaction. I got the bucks and you provide goods & services. My bucks command your goods and services to a certain extent. Price is no object (within reason) as far as this shirt's concerned, either.

Someone is body conscious.
 

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2009
Messages
2,441
Reaction score
29
I never thought they were overpriced because of fit. There overpriced because of quality and construction. Also they don't make fat people sizes because they don't want too. If you want one and price isn't an issue go have one made you big fat baby.
 

racknac

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
716
Reaction score
75
60 year olds know how to use the Internet?!?!
 

aucociscokid

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
60 year olds invented the Internet.

Besides I'm not 60, I'm 61.

I figured I had to have one made. What do you think "bespoke" means?

Duh!

By whom?

If someone could answer my question and provide me w/the info requested that would be appreciated.

There is such a thing as sticking to the subject.

Otherwise, take 2 giant steps and go straight to 7734.

Except for maybe getting a shirt made, who cares what you think?
 

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,629
Reaction score
17
You should pm the member zissou. He had some m2m chambray shirts done by a tailor and could probably be of assistance. Otherwise-are there no tailors in your locale?
 

aucociscokid

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
You know what Cartman says?

Every time I make a posting about on this subject about where/how to get garments specially made such as sourcing piece goods, etc., its what happens to me here.
 

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
1,629
Reaction score
17
I have no idea what Cartman says. Must be a generational disconnect.
 

Crooow

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
665
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by aucociscokid
If someone could answer my question and provide me w/the info requested that would be appreciated.

There is such a thing as sticking to the subject.


Good point. Seems like the thread was on topic right up until Post #3, at which point some lunatic started ranting about who-knows-what, confusing everyone and derailing things.
 

zissou

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
5,236
Originally Posted by airportlobby
You should pm the member zissou. He had some m2m chambray shirts done by a tailor and could probably be of assistance. Otherwise-are there no tailors in your locale?

Sorry, I don't got any connections anymore. aucociscokid, try getting in touch with Al's Attire in SF...
 

brad-t

Bae Blade
Joined
Jan 16, 2008
Messages
18,535
Reaction score
19,365
Originally Posted by aucociscokid
60 year olds invented the Internet.

If someone could answer my question and provide me w/the info requested that would be appreciated.

There is such a thing as sticking to the subject.

Otherwise, take 2 giant steps and go straight to 7734.

Except for maybe getting a shirt made, who cares what you think?


fucking old geezers always act so fucking entitled. fuck you, dad
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 81 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 79 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 30 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.7%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.7%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 5.8%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,582
Messages
9,201,131
Members
193,201
Latest member
tyheuhhrow

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top