Krass Brothers Store of the Stars

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kasper, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Kasper

Kasper Senior member

That Klauss Boehler topic reminded me of where I bought my first suit as a kid the place was called Krass Brothers Store of the Stars, on South St. in Philadelphia.

Has anyone else on the forum been to or heard of this Philly landmark? Its closed now but I think I still have that suit in my parent's closet. Next time I'm there I'll see if its fused.

2. Kasper

Kasper Senior member

3. Thurston

Thurston Senior member

I was never in the store, but drove by it and certainly knew of it. He was king of the cheesy local TV ads on UHF with all the ugly girl/wannabe actresses attacking him at the end of every one. "Krass Brothers... store...of the stars!" [​IMG]

4. romafan

romafan Senior member

Those commercials were great. I'd see his lemon yellow Rolls in the parking lot all the time. I think he did a good business w/ a few of the Sixers. Sartorial trademark? The lapelless jacket! My friend saw him in public and attmepted to get close enough to check out his suit, but was rebuffed by a couple of bodyguards. Very strange guy, w/ orange Trump hair...

5. Kasper

Kasper Senior member

Those commercials were great. I'd see his lemon yellow Rolls in the parking lot all the time. I think he did a good business w/ a few of the Sixers. Sartorial trademark? The lapelless jacket! My friend saw him in public and attmepted to get close enough to check out his suit, but was rebuffed by a couple of bodyguards. Very strange guy, w/ orange Trump hair...

It was actually because of those commercials that my parents took me to that place.

Thinking about it now I wonder if Benny Krass was in any way related to Crazy Eddie.