1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Krane Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sweatybrain, Nov 2, 2008.

1. scb

scb Senior member

i never had one last year. i got the Ayling last year

2. xplorer

xplorer Member

what is Krane's leather jacket like? I don't see it on its web site? Can anyone comment on its shirts?

3. scb

scb Senior member

what is Krane's leather jacket like? I don't see it on its web site? Can anyone comment on its shirts?

the bomber is waxed cotton with black leather trim, and you want to buy mine [​IMG]

(i've actually been offered a kidney for it, but I already have 2 so had to pass...)

4. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I have a pic, let me get Ken's permission to post it. It sort reminds me of the RO stooges.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

I've liked what I've seen of Krane shirts in person. I haven't tried them on so I can't comment on the fit but the fabric and construction were what you'd expect from the brand.

6. puddin

puddin Senior member

the leather jacket is fucking awesome. if i had the cash i'd buy it in a second. instead i got the grey ayling... which just came today. syced.

7. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

i need a leather jacket!

8. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Ok now I'm very interested in seeing this leather jacket, wassup Eck post the pic already man, or pm maybe?

9. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Here it is guys (xposted from Leather Jackets thread)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. canstyleace

^ Nice, but I think some of his other jackets are better designed, and whats with the half ribbed waist? are the epaulets removable?

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

^ Nice, but I think some of his other jackets are better designed, and whats with the half ribbed waist? are the epaulets removable?

The passants are removable, yes. I was chatting with Ken, and he told me that when you remove them, you are left with a punkish stud, sort of Road warrior style, which I think is pretty cool.

The retail on the jacket is $1430, but Ken has one left in a size 38, and he told me that he'd cut a deal if someone on the forum wanted it.

12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

i have the ayling and the varsity and i love them both. but godamn that leather is terrible.

13. canstyleace

The retail on the jacket is $1430, but Ken has one left in a size 38, and he told me that he'd cut a deal if someone on the forum wanted it.

If it was an olive ayling in 34 I'd go pick it up today.

14. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

does he even make size 34?

Idk a coat that big on a midget would look dumb imo.

15. canstyleace

16. xplorer

xplorer Member

I saw and touched the leather jacket the other day. The leather did not feel nice (and like all his other coats), it is heavy; maybe too heavy. On the other hand, the Langdon knit jacket was beautiful.
    Has anyone try to rewax their jackets?

17. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

I saw and touched the leather jacket the other day. The leather did not feel nice (and like all his other coats), it is heavy; maybe too heavy. On the other hand, the Langdon knit jacket was beautiful.
    Has anyone try to rewax their jackets?

Not yet but I'm not expecting it to be any worse than rewaxing any of my Filson. Barbour or Australian Outback stuff.

18. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

What is the fit like on the emory bomber? If i wear a 36 usually, should I just go with a 36?

19. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

What is the fit like on the emory bomber? If i wear a 36 usually, should I just go with a 36?

They are fitted. Mine is a 40 and that's my suit jacket size.

20. puddin

puddin Senior member

Sizing is true to slightly oversized with the two jackets I have (09 Emory and 10 Ayling) relative to "designer" sizing. Very true to size if you're thinking of traditional american sizing. I'm a 39 and the 38 fits me perfect in both. If you're a 36 I would recommend going with a 36, not sizing down, although I don't think Ken makes a 34 anyway. These coats have have fairly thick linings and you wanna be able to layer under them.