1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Krane Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sweatybrain, Nov 2, 2008.

1. mookiej

mookiej Well-Known Member

Any US buyers take advantage of Krane's Boxing Day sale? I missed out this year due to lack of funds. But I was wondering for future reference if there was a customs hit from ordering from Krane direct. Thanks!

2. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

Last year I didn't get hit from customs

3. mythage

mythage Well-Known Member

Made in Canada so there should not be custom fees

4. scb

scb Well-Known Member

36 would be too small

5. mookiej

Really appreciate the info. Thanks again, now it's time to save up.

6. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

I got hit for $25 for the Cyril I bought. Didn't really care that much, it is great stuff all around.

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah ups is charging me $69.60 for my jonas jacket :(

8. stick

stick Well-Known Member

Picked up an Emory, before the hypetrain decided to make a stop in Kranetown, got hit with $66.53 for customs.

9. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

So looks like everyone in the US will get hit with customs from UPS, or can some people get lucky?

10. mythage

Don't think those are custom fees. UPS is stupid as hell it's most likely 'transaction' or 'processing' fees

11. Adubz

Adubz Well-Known Member

UPS said that's "broker fee", fucking $69.39 from Canada to SoCal.

Whatever, I got my Asher for 50% off and the quality is so beyond my expectation I almost felt like I stole from Ken. Customer service was really great as well, changed the delivery address twice and they were really patient with me. :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  12. mythage

Yep the legendary broker fee. Sorry bud

13. randomkoreandude

yeah got my black jonas and its phenomenal. contacted ken for the 36 olive bomber as well. he said he would lower it a bit to help me avoid fees and that he is contacting ups to find out why fees are so high for everyone.

14. mikey34

mikey34 Well-Known Member

If anyone got a black Emory in sz 38 and it didn't fit let me know. Totally slept on that great sale.

15. mookiej

Glad to hear the jacket is awesome. How did you size the Jonas and Emory? Is 36 your usual suit jacket size? I looked at the measurements, and they look huge, but I assume its because of the lining. Thanks.

And that's really nice of Ken to work with you regarding the UPS fees!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  16. randomkoreandude

yeah i was scared it wouldnt work ... the measurements are misleading cuz of the lining i guess but it works for me. im a slim 36 suit and it fits perfectly.

i havent received my emory yet but ken says since its a bomber it has a lil more room in the chest anyways

17. scb

scb Well-Known Member

So I saw on the UPS site that my package wasn't delivered today because I wasn't home, so I called UPS to see if I could pick it up at the closest distribution center. They said I could only pick it up between the hours of 9 and 6, which I will never be able to do because of my job. They then said I could pick it up after hours tonight after the driver got back. They called me back and said to be there by 8pm with a valid government issued photo ID.

So I drive the 15 miles and get there at 8PM. When the guy comes down with my package, he asks "do you have the money order?"

I had no idea what he was talking about. No one said I needed a money order. No one even said I owed any money. The 3 different people I spoke to on the phone today never told me I needed to bring a money order with me or that I even owed any money. They just told me to bring an ID.

The guy then says I can come back at any time during the next 5 business days between the hours of 9 and 6 (which I can never do). However, another UPS employee came out and told me there's a check cashing place down the road that could give me a money order. So I got in the car and went there.

They're closed. I ended up driving around for a few miles in a shady neighborhood looking for a late night check cashing place so I could get a money order for $25.25 that I didn't know I even owed. But I finally got the package and got home an hour and 15 minutes after I got to the UPS place.

Fun.

18. stick

stick Well-Known Member

FYI, call 1-866-493-7140 and you can pay the fee via credit card over the phone. No online payment system.

I get my stuff delivered to work and the shipping/receiving department has no idea how to handle this stuff, so I just do that.

19. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

Just received my black Emory in size 38 today. It's an awesome jacket and the details are fantastic. It feels a bit small on me especially if I layer underneath, so if anyone is interested let me know!

20. mythage

Post a fit pic [​IMG]