Kowalski shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ballines, Sep 1, 2004.

1. ballines

ballines Well-Known Member

http://www.kowalskishoes.com/ Saw these in a store the other day and liked the look. Picked up a pair myself. I haven't seen them anywhere else, and the pictures on the website don't quite capture the distressed leather look properly. They're a bit pricy on the website; I picked up a pair for $110 in NY. Let me know what you guys think. I think they could be hugely popular once people catch on (and from what I've heard, they already have some following in Europe). B.

2. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

I absolutely hate them [​IMG] . Hate the look, the style, bleeeh... Sorry ballines [​IMG] Seen them in several shops, as for having a following in Europe (and who says everything is Europe is good anyways, [​IMG] ) but I haven't seen that many people with those shoes. If you like that "school" there are another 'retro' brands being bandied around here: Walsh, Quick, plus an Australian brand which I forget.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

They are ok.... I guess I would have to see them in person, because the pictures on the website are quite badly done.

Which store in NYC carries them?

Jon.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I agree with T4Phage (maybe I'll call myself H2SO4aq). I hate the style - and definitely not worth the price. Pantofola d'Oro is much better if you want that type of thing (which I don't) as does Adidas's Dassler line. This line just look like more expensive (and not necessarily better made) versions of Diesel's just past F/W line - which was horrible, BTW.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I'm perfectly happy with Puma's RDSF, Alias, and Platinum lines. [​IMG] Jon.

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by LAguy:
    LOL [​IMG] What do you guys think of the new Pumas with the full cat on the side?