• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Korshak

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm not anymore but maybe I should be. Do they still send out the postcard mailings? Those are great.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to love that store, in Chicago. I found their service to be, impeccable. Their merchandise was exemplary, and unusual. Had no idea that Stanley Korshak was still around.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Were they in Chicago a while back? Interesting...

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Store began in Chicago and expanded to Dallas when the Crescent was built in the 80's. Owners of the Crescent bought the business later.

Arnold_Horseshack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by discostu004
hey, how many of you guys are on Stanley Korshak's mailing list?

how many of u r on Arnold Horseshacks's mailing list?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I get their mailings to a Texas work address but i haven't had them forwarded to me in a while. I should give them my L.A. address as I do go to Dallas once a month and I keep missing their sales.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Store began in Chicago and expanded to Dallas when the Crescent was built in the 80's. Owners of the Crescent bought the business later.
Caroline Hunt Schoellkopf bought Korshak and opened the Dallas store at the Crescent, which she owned. A men's department was then added as the Chicago store served women only.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Caroline Hunt Schoellkopf bought Korshak and opened the Dallas store at the Crescent, which she owned. A men's department was then added as the Chicago store served women only.

Three years ago (1987), Rosewood Property Co. and the Caroline Hunt Trust Estate purchased the Stanley Korshak name, a well-known upscale women's store in Chicago. The resultant Texas operation differs markedly from the Midwest's version. When moving the concept to the Southwest, the new owners took the original merchandising strategy of selling top designer names and broadened it with the addition of men's wear.

From www.findarticles.com.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.8%