• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Korean Dramas

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay Jinda, let's see your stuff.

I'm looking to get some Korean dramas on DVD (or any other playable format).

There is a site I've been using called mysoju.com but the vid links break easily and it is annoying having to cycle through the 10 minute segments.

One caveat is that I need English subtitles so I'm not sure where to get them in Korea if they exist. I'm not too worried about the region 2 settings as I can either buy a second DVD player or play them on my laptop.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Coffee Prince

stvnr

Reaction score
Popular dramas include My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Full House, Couple of Fantasy, My Girl and Coffee Prince as mentioned above.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a few hundred Korean dramas and movies on DVD, but only about 1% of them have subtitles... I think your Korean's good enough that you don't really need the crutch though!
I buy all of mine from local Korean supermarkets (Lotte, Hanareum, Grand Mart, H-Mart, Dong-A Shikpoom, etc. etc.) and I've often wondered how they can sell the copied DVDs without breaking any copyright laws, but that's another story.
The price is right so I just turn a blind eye... But I follow about 3-4 dramas daily on one of the three Korean channels provided by the local cable TV company (Cox). So I'm assuming you live somewhere where the cable doesn't offer Korean tv... Maybe it's worth it to take the drive to a large Californian city where there's a Korean supermarket, because the people working at the video counter will be able to tell you which DVDs have English subtitles (usually entire box sets).

Septavius

Reaction score
Have you tried d-addicts.com ? There's a lot you can download there, both hard and softsubs.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.